Teak in Boat-building

>From the latest issue of Yachting Magazine, I compiled a short list of
a few boat-building companies that are using teak. If you or anyone you
know is in the area of any of these companies, please consider
"adopting" one or more to follow up on the source(s) of their teak.

There are numerous other companies located around the world. I will
be forwarding information when I get it. Yacht buiding is big in
Italy and Taiwan as well as Fort Lauderdale, FL.

At this point, we are ignoring those companies that use plantation teak
from South or Central America, Indonesia or Malaysia. However, things
get fuzzy with Malaysia, since there may be some Burmese teak being
imported and re-exported. We are still seeking further information on
this.

It is assumed that any teak coming from Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan or
India is Burmese in origin.

Please keep us informed as to any developments with any of these
companies so that we may coordinate efforts on actions.

Thanks,
Tim Keating
Burma UN Service Office and Rainforest Relief

===============
Cat Harbor Boats
Dept. Y
9780 Rancho Road
Adelanto, CA 92301
760/246-8970
www.cabosport@xxxxxxxxxxxx
===============
Brumckmann Manufacturing Inc.
Dept. Y
2508 Lakeshore Road West
Bronet Harbor, Oakville, Ontario L6L 1H8
905/827-9583
fax: 905/827-8154
===============
Lightspeed marine Corporation