ASEAN must review its non-interfere (r)

Ko Thawma!

I agree with your view but we need to learn the ASEAN's stance on Burma
carefully before we call them to adopt the "positive apporoch" which is
your comment. Since the ASEAN was adopting "construtive engagement"
which was fomulated and formerly used by the Thai government,
they(members of ASEAN) just delt with the SLORC construtively but not to
the people's represantatives from May 1990 election and the democratic
forces.Instead of encouraging the SLORC to improve it's human-rights
record, they put more power to SLORC to oppress the people of Burma by
their policy.

Even now, they adopted the non-interference policy which as you said
that is the second construtive engagement and protect their newly
partner "SLORC" the natorious regime of Burma (eg; Dr Mahathia
threatened not to attend the ASEM if Slorc would not allowed).

There is very clear that even if they adopt the other policy, it wont be
change, i suppose.
So if we call for the positive apporoch, we should put the condition
like 'not only to apporoch to Slorc in positive way but also the
democratic forces which genuinely represent the entire people of Burma.

Yours truly,

Eyar Soe
Australia