To whom it may concern by Tun Aye o (r)

To  whom it may concern
                        ------------------------

                                                September 22, 1997

What ever the reason may be, it is to be sorrowful to know that the
scheduled meeting of the State Law and Order Restoration Council
(SLORC) and the National League for Democracy (NLD) on the 16th
September 1997, was called off.

I would like to make a sincere request to the SLORC and NLD.
Considering that, over 40 millions people are suffering tragedy,
negotiation should take place with mutual consent. There is no other
way to escape from these physical and mental difficulties of our
people, except political dialogue between the SLORC and NLD. If
tension is to be continued, not only the future of our people but also
of our country would have to face with tragedy. Once it was the most
prosperous country in South East Asia, Burma is not only going to be
the least developed country but also going to be destructive in 21st
century.

Either on the side of the SLORC or NLD, there should be no particular
attachment to any organization (SLORC or NLD) and to any person (U Ne
Win or Daw Aung San Suu Kyi). Now, it is the time to look the face of
our people with sympathy and love.

And, the Burmese democratic forces in various countries should not be
narrow mined to the negotiation between the SLORC and NLD. With the
hindrance of real peace in Burma, the future of our people will go
from the bad to the worse. So this is the unavoidable responsibility
of the real good leaders to consider and to be on the side of the
people.

I hereby request to the SLORC and NLD, to go into the political
dialogue without hesitation.

							                                     	Tun  Aye
                <biruma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    	( Tun  Aye  Dental  Clinic )