Re; RIGHT DECISION

Please let me repeat the statement of ABSDO on the NLD's decision.

Subject:
        RIGHT DECISION
   Date:
        Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:49:23 +1000
   From:
        Nyi Nyi Soe <eyar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     To:
        "\"Conference reg.burma\"" <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

   CC:
        "082903@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <082903@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We, ABSDO, deeply appreciate and welcome the decision of Chairman of the

National League for Democracy (NLD), which is showing strong stand
against the Slorc's "DIVIDE AND RULE" policy and  manipulation on
democratic forces, by not attending the unrealistic and unworkable
meeting with Slorc.

That decision is also showing the unity among the NLD and its strong
leading role of democratic forces.

If the Slorc really want to have the political dialogue with NLD, it
should let NLD to decide and choice the appropriate delegation rather
than by- force invitation.

We hope to have genuine dialogue in future.

Ye Myint Htun
General Secretary
ABSDO

Date...September 18' 1997.