misquote

[This correction was sent by Aung Zaw to BurmaNet]

Dear All,

Regarding the AP's story on Aung San Suu Kyi and the NLD
I was misquoted.
It said: "Slorc really looks good because they made an offer and the NLD
rejected it," said Aung Zaw, an exiled Burmese journalist living in Thailand
who covers political developments in his former country. "I'm sure the NLD
has made a mistake."
Although I did say that "Slorc really looks good because they made an offer
and the NLD rejected it," I never said "I'm sure the NLD has made a
mistake." After I saw the story which appeared in the Bangkok Post and on
BurmaNet  I called the AP writer in Bangkok, he said sorry and apologized for
his mistake.
Thank you.
Aung Zaw