Tibet Free Burma support groups

the following may be useful for better understanding of
current affairs re Tibet-China, and regards China Nazism re China,
Tibet, Burma etc
then followed by useful long list of names for Free Burma support

in solidarity,
metta
dawn star
http://www-uvi.eunet.fr/ (see also Tibet section alongside EuroBurmanet)

-----
> [...]
> stayed neutral during the War, although it did permit the Allies to use its
> airspace to ship medical supplies to China.
>
> Contrary to the Chinese claim, it was Harrer who came under the influence
> of Buddhist philosophy during his time in Tibet. In a statement issued from
> his Huttenberg home, Harrer said, "My personal political philosophy grew
> out of my life in Tibet. ... It is a belief that reflects many tenets of
> Buddhism and places great emphasis on human life and human dignity. It is
> this philosophy that has guided my life during my recent visits to Tibet
> and my explorations in many parts of the world over the past four and a
> half decades. And it is a philosophy which leads me to condemn as strongly
> as possible the horrible crimes of the Nazi period."
>
> While admitting to being a ceremonial member of the SS for a brief period
> in 1938, Harrer explicitly refutes implications that he was a dedicated
> Nazi supporter or was involved in any way in the heinous crimes of the
> Hitler period. Harrer has also referred to his Nazi experience as "one of
> the aberrations in my life, maybe the biggest, and I regret deeply that
> these events may give rise to false impression."
>
> The Chinese Communist regime, on the other hand, has never shied from
> practicing the tradition of Nazism. It is well known that this regime has
> wiped out over 1.2 million Tibetans, one-sixth of Tibet's entire
> population, in order to facilitate its invasion and occupation of Tibet.
> Over 30 million of China's own innocent people have died as a result of the
> Communist regime's technically blunderous and inherently brutal policies.
> The 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, that shocked the world out of its
> conscience, was nothing when compared to the mayhem China's Communist
> masters perpetrated in Tibet and China from the early 1950s to the
> mid-1970s. If anyone, it is the Communist leaders of China who are the
> indisputable Nazis of Asia, their actions in Tibet and China evoking a
> painful reminiscence of Jews' holocaust nightmare.
>
> Bernard Levin writes in The Times of September 7, 1990: "The word
> "genocide" must be used with care. Our world and our century have seen
> countless abominable massacres, and it is easy to slip into the use of the
> word to denote such atrocities. We should, however, restrict it to those
> crimes before high heaven which are truly designated by it...there are four
> mass murders which can justifiably carry the brand. They are: the Jewish
> Holocaust, the Stalin Terror, the bloodthirst of Pol Pot and the Khmer
> Rouge, and what was done to the people and culture of Tibet during the
> miserable lust for death and torture unleashed by the mad Mao Tse-tung of
> China." Now one couldn't help asking: Who actually came under the influence
> of Nazism. Tibet, the victim of China's imperialist tradition, or China,
> the eager student of Nazi's genocide culture?
>
> Department of Information and International Relations

The following may be read with interest in gathering support from these
groups and individuals for Free Burma, in solidarity.
-----
> 3. Seven Days for Tibet Begins! (ICT)
> 150 Communities and 40 States Launch Nationwide Awareness and Action Campaign
>
> Thursday, October 9
>
> Yestaerday, over 150 communities in 40 states launched Seven Days for
> Tibet, the most widespread Tibet awareness campaign since the 1991 "Year of
> Tibet."
>
> Groups kicked off the week with candlelight vigils in 10 cities and with a
> national press conference in New York city. Seven Days for Tibet has
> already received widespread media coverage, including in Newsweek, US News
> & World Report, and many local publications.
>
> 300,000 Action Kits are being distributed to thousands of volunteers across
> the country to be handed out at theaters showing Seven years in Tibet.
> Groups participaing in the campaign include not only Tibet support groups
> and Tibetan refugees associations, but also environmental groups, high
> school groups, and other activist groups around the country.
>
> Listed below are the groups and individuals organizing events for Seven
> Days for Tibet. If your group is planning events or leafleting for Seven
> Days for Tibet and are not listed here, please e-mail ICT at
> ict@xxxxxxxxxxxx

It is recommended that these groups and individuals be contacted for
support to the Free Burma movement insolidarity with Free Burma Support
for Free Tibet. ds