Burmese Student Politics

Dear Colleagues,
               The 1988 student generation is obviously untouchable and
never negotiable.Why?Because they started the revolutionary giving up
their families and friends and sacrificing their lives.No wonder they are
untouchable and you'll notice their pride in being the 1988 student
generation when you discuss politics with them.

Only after the 1988-student-generation-led uprising ,political parties
like NLD and the rest were formed.The 1988-student-generation did form
a party led by Moe Thee Zun.Later they were forced  to take to the jungle
and form ABSDF.

To make a long story short,unless you took part in the 1988 uprising,
and/or unless you took to the jungle for armed struggle,you wouldn't
understand how the 1988-student-generation feel and the barrier and
misunderstandings  between the real or so-called democratic forces and
the students will still arise.

Therefore,it's pivotally necessary and important to criticize
constructively ,not pessimistically no matter what political
strategy you have.Do we have the same goal?Yes ,we do.Then why
can't we understand each other, setting aside jealousy,arrogance and
ignorance?And then wouldn't we make conspicuously fine progress?

Sincerely,

Julien Moe
IntelAsia@xxxxxxx
IntelAsia@xxxxxxxxxxx