Friday Demonstration in DC :

----------
To: "Conference reg.burma" <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>; ,
MAYKHA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Friday Demonstration in DC :
Date: Saturday, November 29, 1997 11:01 PM

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

It is my pleasure to learn that many of you from Washington DC, New York,
Delaware, New Hampshire and Indiana successfully held a protestest
demonstration in fron of Embassy of Thailand in DC on Friday against the
repatriation and killing of Karen refugees by Thai army.
I am really impressed that you generously contributed your Thanksgiving
Weekend, Time and finance though I know that most of you are students and
having exams in the forthcoming week.
Excuse us who could not make it though we feel responsible to do this duty.
Thanks to DBSO, other organizations and individuals who made it happen
jointly. In future, we hope 8888 brothers and sisters will again refine and
launch our revolutionary structure and strategies by keeping this lovely
tradition of cooperation.
And I honestly urge you all to have a 8888 Forum by setting up a common
platform on which our fellows the world over stand together and get our
well-defined goals set by the fallen martyrs of 8888 accomplished.
However, I would request you to share the information about the
demonstration in detail for general public awareness if it is possible.
Again, thanks for letting Thai Government know our anguish over Thai Army's
mistreatment on our Karen siblings.
Thank YOU ALL for voicing that "WE ARE THE PRISONERS OF OUR OWN COUNTRY."

May you all be in good health,

Myo Thant