measurement conversions (r)

Hi burma,
As Hlatt pointed out, the Burmese unit of 'pyi' is one of the common
units for volume measurement traditionally. In Burma this convenient unit
is used for measuring agricultural products especially small seeds such
as paddy, rice, wheat, pea, etc. It can be converted to the weight such
as kilogram or pound if the density of the commodity is known.
Assuming inner volume of a regular condensed milk can is 320 ml, the
equivalent volume is estimated as follows:
                       1 pyi = 2560 ml or cc,
                or     1 pyi = 0.676 gallon

The whole Burmese volume unit table is:

2 lamyu   =  1 lamyit