Dear Sir,
You are obviously American. I am not. A have lived under communist rule,
so I had my fill of dictatorships. I had my fill of uncompromising freedom
fighters abroad too. It was compromise which brought down eventually
the regime which was no less ugly, no less corrupt and no less oppressive
even if it did not deal in narcotics.
BTW about narcotics:
How about putting the blame to "narcotic consuming American public"
instead of "narcotic dealing regime"? If it were up to me, I would bulid a
legitimate Commodities Exchange in Rangoon trading among others in opium
contracts. It is an idispensable and unreplacable raw material for
medicines. Here, where I live, it is not illegal to grow poppies. You can
see undulating poppy fields summertime. I do not think DEA helicopters
spraying it would receive a warm welcome. It is sold to pharmaceutical
companies. And the products are exported - to the USA among others. That
is kind of dealing in drugs, isn't it?
So, I think if the USA wants opium to be burned, then buy it first on the
Commodities Exchange at free market prices.
Kind Regards,
Imre