INFORMATION SHEET NO.A-0367(I)

NO.A-0367(I)	                                           28th March 1998

Kayin National Union Forces Attack Kayin Villages Again
1.		On March 26 at about 9:15 pm (70) armed men led by Di-Too and Ji-Bayoun
from KNU Brigade (7) attacked a Kayin village called Khot Ko of Myawaddy
Township which is located (5) miles from the Thai-Myanmar border. The group
attacked the village using heavy weapons and burnt down the houses. In the
ensuing attack (2) women were killed while (1) child and (1) man were wounded.
2.		Again on March 26 at 9:45 pm (30) armed men led by Tha dwe from KNU
Brigade (7) attacked another Kayin village called The-Pone village of Myawaddy
Township which is located about (4) miles from Thai-Myanmar border. The
villagers are mostly the families of the Democratic Kayin Buddhist Army (DKBA)
a break away faction of the KNU. The intruders used heavy weapons and burnt
down the village and in the ensuing attack (5) women, (1) man were killed
while another (2) men were wounded.