OKKAR (r)

On 11 Apr 1998 OKKAR66127@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Ilintner@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > This doesn't make sense if messages sent from the Burmese embassy in
> > Washington to KMTTO are reposted on the Internet by OKKAR. It would make
> > it much easier for us in the media if OKKAR's information sheets were
> > properly issued in the name of Lt Col Hla Min and/or the DDSI. Then we
> > could quote them in our writings. But as long as OKKAR hides behind
> > phony identities such "a Roman Catholic Karen", "two Shan elders", "a
> > Belgian tourist" or whatever, I'm sorry his postings are useless from
> > any journalist's point of view. We can only quote open sources.
>
> > Bertil Lintner
> > Bangkok
>
> I never declare myself as "two Shan elders" or "a Belgian tourist". I am a
> Roman Catholic Karen. That is reality. Regarding the Information Sheets, they
> are sent by Myanmar Authority Concerned. That is all what I know. You do not
> satisfied that usage "Myanmar Authority Concerned" and  for me, I do not know
> whether the Myanmar Authority is a person of a group of persons. That is why I
> intentionally dropped out that  "Myanmar Authority Concerned" from the
> original Information Sheets.

You who criticize others for reposting unconfirmed reports, here admit to
doing the exact same thing.  Not only that, but those whom you criticize
for reposting unconfirmed reports at least attached the information as to
the origin of said reports.  You don't even do that!

Mr. Lintner, as a responsible journalist, is absolutely right.  Without a
source for the reports, they can not be used.

> The reason why I post these Information Sheets is I believe these Information
> Sheets contain some truths.
>
> OK

"You believe."  Who are you?

In the future, please identify yourself or the source of the reports to
the best of your ability.  Also, in future, please point out which
portions of the reports you post you believe to true.

LD