THE NATION: Yangon denies links to (r)

Well, Well, Well!!

Thank you. Now, I got his answer directly. If you study it carefully,you
may like to take note that some true facts were being exposed very
cleaverly. Let's see what the statement from the Foreign Ministry had to
say. It said;

" >In a written statement following the return of Deputy Foreign
Minister Sukhumbhand Paribatra from Myanmar (Burma), the ministry said
the junta had claimed not to ''control'' the Democratic Karen
>Buddhist Army (DKBA).
>
>The statement said Sukhumbhand had been told that ''if DKBA were to
stage any further incursions into Thai territories, the Thai authorities
should arrest and execute them.

>''Any contacts between the government (of Myanmar) and the DKBA are
through intermediaries.
>The DKBA has never laid down weapons and surrendered to the Myanmar
government, and is thus an illegal organization.''

He must have thought that droping friendship with DKBA will save him.
Again, he made yet another mistake. He made the same kind of mistake as
he tried to disown his own son sometimes ago. Well, well. Now,it was
made apparent that there was some kind of contacts being made with the
DKBA even though he knew that DKBA is an illegal organisation. A friend
in need is friend in deed.

Thanks.

We just have to remember one thing. Truth and justice will prevail.

Minn K Minn

>Date: 09 Apr 1998 16:26:00
>From: suriya@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: THE NATION: Yangon denies links to ethnic rebels, says Bangkok
sho
>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Yangon denies links to ethnic rebels, says Bangkok should
>''execute'' them
>
>posted at 16:55 hrs (Bangkok time)
>>BANGKOK, April 9 -- Myanmar's junta has denied links with ethnic
rebels operating near the Thai
>border, giving authorities here the green light to ''arrest and execute
them,'' the Thai foreign ministry
>said Thursday.
>
>In a written statement following the return of Deputy Foreign Minister
Sukhumbhand Paribatra from
>Myanmar (Burma), the ministry said the junta had claimed not to
''control'' the Democratic Karen
>Buddhist Army (DKBA).
>
>The statement said Sukhumbhand had been told that ''if DKBA were to
stage any further incursions
>into Thai territories, the Thai authorities should arrest and execute
them.

>''Any contacts between the government (of Myanmar) and the DKBA are
through intermediaries.
>The DKBA has never laid down weapons and surrendered to the Myanmar
government, and is thus
>an illegal organization.''

>Sukhumbhand returned from Yangon (Rangoon), where he met junta first
secretary General Khin
>Nyunt, late Wednesday.
>
>Myanmar authorities have consistently denied any connection to the DKBA
saying they had not
>provided assistance to the group in its attacks on Karen refugee camps
inside Thailand.

>The camps are primarily inhabited by rival Karen National Union (KNU)
supporters.