International Collective Movements! (r)

----------
> From: kzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: International Collective Movements!
> Date: Wednesday, 13 May 1998 11:59
>
> Dear All,
> 	Now, Indonesia's government has killed peaceful demonstrators
> again.  These kinds of oppressions by the power thirsty governments will
> go on unless we all try to stop.  We have power which can become
effective
> when we know the power of the collective actions and unity.
> 	There are Chinese democracy movements, Burmese democracy
> movements, Tibet Liberation movements, Indonesia students' movement, and
> many movements.  In addition, there are supporters and activists from
> democratic countries around the world who are helping the movements.  All
> know that we all are struggling for democracy, human rights, and freedom.
> We all have many shared interests and shared goals.
> 	I believe that if all movements get together and work together for
> fighting against cruelties by the suppressive governments, it will be
more
> effective.  For example, it will be very helpful for Indonesian students
> and people if all movements from everywhere around the world give support
> (not only by issuing statements) and helping their struggle such as
> staging protests in front of Indonesian embassies around the world,
> writing letters to relative governments to cut aid and put pressure on
> Suharto government, it will save the students' lives and help the
struggle
> for change.  If it changes, it will also benefit one way or another to
> other movements too.  If we continue exercise such collective actvities
> for other activitie accordingly, all struggle will become more powerful
> than ever.
> 	We all should try to establish international cooperation among
> students and activists around the world and work together for all issues
> collectively.  I really want to see the collective actions between all
and
> it will really help all, I believe.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Kyaw Zay Ya
>
> "If you give a man a fish, he will have a meal.
>  If you teach him to fish, he will have a living.
>  If you are thinking a year ahead, sow a seed.
>  If you are thinking ten years ahead, plant a tree.
>  If you are thinking one hundred years ahead, educate the people.
>  By sowing a seed once, you will harvest once.
>  By planting a tree, you will harvest tenfold.
>  By educating the people, you will harvest one hundredfold."  (ANONYMOUS
> CHINESE POET, 420 B.C.)
>
> ("If it is not broken, don't fix it" leads to the worst situation.)
>

> Dear K Z Y and all
It is a fabulous idea to have a international collective movement in a
struggle.
Isolated struggle of Indonesian students' fight against dictatorial
Soeharto regime could have been enormously boosted  if  there was an
International Student Organisation existed and backed behind them.Soeharto
would have had no chance.Likewise Ne Win and Deng Shiao Ping in 1988 and
1989.

Imagine all student of the world who are dare ,honest and free from bias
get together can be the biggest and most powerful organisation on
earth.Much bigger than Ben-Hur.It can be  powerful enough to influence
various government of the world.For an instant It can pronounce sanction
against sons and daughters of  world dictators studying at any school
including private ones or universities in any part of the world.Also there
a lot more we can do and think about to do if we are together and organised
as a whole.

Now we need to find a way how to do to form an  International Student
Organisation?

There are a few suggestions-

1.Contact existing student organisations in respective countries and
discuss your ideas on forming and benefits of  having International Student
organisation.

2.Well prepared yourself before go on talking and believe that your doing
it for happy future of mankind.

3.For a start ,request for their support to be put immediately on internet
media and others international media organisations on present Indonesian
students' fight against pathetic Soeharto regime.

4.Suggest to contact regional student organisations and discuss the ideas
immediately.

5.Keep communication lines open to any other student organisations.

6.Work in a serious manner to achieve the goal.

7. We will do the same in Australia as well.

In solidarity

panyoma