US Government's Fund---No Free Lunc (r)

Dear Ko Julien Moe:
Thanks for your reply.

Also Thanks to Ma Aye Aye Soe Win, Ko Kyaw Zay Ya and others who shared
with us their views about emergence of labor organizations inside and
outside Burma.

When you mentioned the name "Ko Maung Maung,"  I recalled my first time
meeting with him at New Delhi as the director of the newly-formed NCGUB,
escorting and advising U Hla Oo, who was Labor Minister for NCGUB at
that time (1991).  An ambitious person who doesn't care to tear the
existing student organizations apart in order to form his hidden agenda
FTUB for money making.  (He once persuaded one of our senior members to
leave the League (ABSL) and join his team.)
NCGUB brought him into this movement.  He can't exist without NCGUB.
NCGUB must be held responsible for all financial aids the foreign
governments and organizations contributed toward the DEMOCRATIC MOVEMENT
OF BURMA.

I am not jealous of what they are enjoying with the public money.
But I am concerned that all democratic/student/patriotic organizations
will one day be held accountable for these funds which they never saw or
touched in their selfless fight for the just cause without any
pretention and expection for their own future and present wellbeing.

I just want to make my point clear here that we don't belong to any
corruption. And we don't act as a catalyst force for prolonging this
ongoing corruption in the movement.

It is high time for all of us to reconsider our previous support for the
NCGUB as a legitimate government of Burma if they let such corruptive
practices go on.

Kyaw Kyaw Htut
Indiana

>From notes@xxxxxxx Thu Jun  4 16:00:04 1998
>Date: 04 Jun 1998 15:38:59
>From: moe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: US Government's Fund---No Free Lunch in US.
>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Dear Ko Kyaw  Kyaw Htut,
>                                             As far as N.E.D's funding
is
>concerned,the funds are granted  for the following categories.
>
>1.Labour
>2.Media and Publishing
>3.Education
>4.Public Policy,etc.
>
>With respect to how these organizations use the funds ,please address
your
>questions to the organizations concerned.AS you know,we have freedom of
>information act to have access to the government files.If the US
government
>can let us have access to certain government files ,why can't these
entities
>let us have the details? I'm hope these organizations will keep no
secret
>concerning the details of how they've been spending the funds if
they've
>done nothing wrong.
>
>Peace
>Sincerely,
>
>Julien Moe
>

>>Thanks for posting the US-funding in support of democratic movement in
>>Burma for this year.
>>Can you also post the reports on what kinds of activities have these
>>organizations used these funds for?  If you can't post this on
BurmaNet,