MIHRA Golden Triangles : BURMA and

Sorry, A long Mihra Press Release.  But yet another very good
reason to exclude Burma from Sydney 2000. We hope you find it
of interest. Would someone mandarin please patch this through
to the UK Home Office? The "Drug Czar" Office would do.
Thanks. Rr

And, yes to a degree, if we were Charlie Parker or Sid Vicious this
would be hyper-hypocritical, (to say the least). But some of us
managed to survive both drugs and to a much lesser extent, the
criminal workings of the UK music industry.

                                  Drugs Sir?

Some of you on this list will aleady know of the track record
of Mike Levine. Mike is the most highly decorated member
of the US Drug Enforcement Agency. And someone who
also believes in the investigative philosophy of "Follow the
money". He would also concur with the call, "End Secret
Banking". The UK is one of the main sources of Secret
Banking, and it's Royal family, (and government agencies,)
are still heavily involved with Secret Banking, and who have
been making a packet, (of one substance or another), since
before the Opium War with China.

As Mike does not mention the above in his piece, which
focuses upon the "face of the UN", is that the only way to,
"follow the money". To rid the world of Switzerland, Jersey
and the many other islands with or without sovereignty that
permit double standards on illegal drugs and banking.

The body of the UN is only the shadow of its philosophy.
Its addiction to the evil dollar covered in coke residue, and
its permissive  to nod to those countries that will not sign The
Deal that counts, makes it (an unwilling?) part of the
international street gang.  But lead by who?

To bring an end to SB, (Secret Banking) would, without
listening to excuses from producing nations those who
took the "law" into their own hands, would have to discover
how to "follow the money".

An American gentleman by the name of Theodore Shackley,
whom it is rumored, when a leading light in the CIA's dirty tricks
and murder departments, established both the Medellin and Carli
cartels of Columbia and is the person, (or whatever he is.) "most
likely"  to get really pissed about not being able to move his, and
his many wealthy beyond belief friends fortunes around the world.
Shackley, a name to remember and a legacy at least one nation
would wish to forget?

Without trying to be "smart" . As George Bush's friend and one
time assistant,  Theodore Shackley (and Co), are first of all  an
all American "case".

Does it not all "begin in the USA" where conditions may not be as
totally intolerable as in Pakistan but  growing worse.

Questions :

And  as in the 60s the CIA turned down the chance to buy one
third  of the worlds opium for $13,000,000 a year from a Burmese
warlord because he was not "an official", does one now
presume that Theodore and Co deals directly with SLORK in
Burma and other such covert creatures of indeterminate integrity?

In effect, wouldn't it take a civil war in the US to oust the "Drug
Company" from within its borders and government agencies?
But blaming the UN, for what the US citizenry allowed to be
created for itself?

And Secret  Banking from the planet? Local wars, unless one  is
totally disarmed can esculate. The UN would certainly find the
threat of direct action anti  Secret Banking incidents an alive
horse to ride. But where does one start? And where does one
find the "soldiers" so to fight?

And as if we did'nt have enough problems with genuine
corruption  and a lack of whistle blowers, in the music industry huh?

The work of Mike Levine.

THE EXPERT WITNESS Radio Show
WBAI, New York City,  99.5 FM
(Tuesdays  7-8pm)

Host:  Michael Levine, 25 year veteran federal narcotic agent
and the author of NY Times Best seller DEEP COVER, THE BIG
WHITE LIE and (currently in paperback)  TRIANGLE OF DEATH,
ISBN# 0 440 22367-9

The following is an opinion piece and/or Letter to the Editor:

UN. DRUG CONFERENCE-RIDING A DEAD HORSE
By Michael Levine

	Last week I was invited to speak before a United Nations
group, The International Human Rights Association of American
Minorities,  about the effect of drug trafficking on minority communities.
	I was invited because I not only have 30 years experience
as a court qualified expert in drug trafficking, but I am also the brother
of a 19 year heroin addict who committed suicide, the father of a police
officer who was killed by crack addicts,  was successful in helping my
daughter fight addiction and my formative years were spent growing
up on the streets of the South Bronx, where the scourge of drugs
first impacted in this country.
	For the past couple of years I have begun turning down
requests to be on panels to discuss drug issues because I found
myself with people who had very little real-life experience in these
matters.  Most of their expertise came from books, articles and
funded studies. Unfortunately, the hard reality of the street is
quite different than theoretical reality.  These forums would
inevitably turn out to be cheer leading sessions, featuring the
same proclamations repeated in thousands of such sessions over
the past three decades.
	But this group, headed by U.N.Representative
Onajé Mu'id, was exceptional. What they wanted to know was,
after forty years of war on drugs, what answers could parents
whose children were growing up in a bullet riddled ghetto
expect, right now, from yet another expensive U.N.conference
that they were paying for?
	Since they were the only forum in the entire conference
asking the right question,  I felt it my duty to participate.  However
the answer to their question was not one they wanted to hear.
	I told them I didn't believe that any real change would
be coming out of this conference.   That, this latest U.N. cheer
leading session was yet another example of experts "revo-looting"
at meetings, in return for which they received expense paid trips
to New York plus honorariums.  Some would receive funding from
rich American benefactors to continue their endless droning.
Some would receive media attention and votes. Some countries
would attend and sing for their dinners in order to receive
additional U.S. funding to make their lives better, while the
desperate parents of American children got nothing but
the tab.
	In essence I told them that it was not necessary to
be a court qualified expert witness to know that the drug war was
a "dead horse" and that the U.N. was once again trying to flog it
back to life for its own selfish reason: U.S.taxpayer dollars.
	It is not that I believe that the drug problem cannot be
solved.  It is simply not in the best interests of professional "experts"
to do so.  If an effective program to reduce drug demand right
here in the United States were adopted?and their are such
programs, including my own "Fight Back" community plan? most
of these "experts" might have to find another way to get their
bureaucracies funded,  their names in newspapers and a real job.
	I pointed out that if you listen to most of the U.N.
speakers you will hear the same things they have been saying
for decades: First, they tell us that the answer to America's drug
problem is  to spend more American taxpayer dollars to  improve
the lives of Third World farmers so that they would seek other
means of earning an income.  After four decades of this talk,
and untold billions spent on this flawed logic, drugs are more
available now than ever before.  Is it not finally apparent that this
logic goes totally contrary to what we know of human nature?  For
instance, in one highly publicized case, I arrested a Wall Street
Broker for cocaine trafficking whose legitimate salary was $1
million a year.  How would the U.N. convince him to find another
way of making money?
	In fact?as some of my law enforcement colleagues
on the inside, who would never say this in public tell me?the
current enourmous supplies of drugs on US streets combined
with the improved organizational structure of the drug
business from top to bottom, has actually led to a major drop
in crime across the board.
	I'll bet you never heard a U.N. "expert" tell you that
before. 	Second, another group of experts, continues to bleat
that we should increase the funding of law enforcement.  More
money for everything from border controls and military operations
to massive money laundering sting operations. These experts
manage to ignore the fact that, since President Nixon declared
war on drugs in 1971, we have spent almost $1 trillion dollars
on these efforts, for absolutely nothing but a devastated
Constitution, yet they still get invited on all expense paid trips
to "dead horse flogging" conferences around the world,  to
parrot the same theme.
	Is it any wonder that recent polls indicate that 66
percent of Americans, desperate to solve the problem,  want us
to spend even  more money on the war on drugs?
	And, finally, there is the "legalize-all-drugs" group, who,
if they stopped to think for one moment, would realize that they
are promoting the complete destruction of minority communities.
For instance, if drugs were legal when I was a kid growing up in
the Bronx, I guarantee you, I would not have survived.
	The sum total of all of this?if you are parents with
children growing up in drug war zones that rival Beirut, Lebanon,
and are expecting some help to come out of yet another hugely
expensive "dead horse" flogging rally at the U.N.?is Zero.
	Juan Ortiz, a Colombian born Taxi driver,  picked me up
at U.N. Plaza, right after the conference. He was incensed at the
expense and the traffic jams. "You know it cost New York City $3
million for Clinton to come here and make a speech.  Why didn't
he just televise it?"
	When I pointed out that the President was also
attending a political fund-raiser here on the same night, Mr. Ortiz
understood immediately.  This U.N. conference was less about
solving the drug problem than it was about the redistribution of
American votes and taxpayer dollars.  And none of it is going to
the people who need it most.
	Dokota tribal wisdom dictates that when you discover
that you are riding a dead horse the best strategy is to dismount
and find another horse.  Only in the drug war "business" do we keep
trying other strategies, such as appointing a committee to study the
dead horse; staging mass international conferences on how to ride
the dead horse;  or funding studies to see how we can increase the
performance of a dead horse.
	Unfortunately for those really suffering this drug problem,
no one showed up at the U.N. with a live horse to ride.

Michael Levine

----------end

Maybe the UK anti drug authorities should now "widen their
conciousnesses" and their mandate? Or, as the UK also
have a National Health Service for Free,  legalize? One
or the other huh?

Drugs are now the number one money maker on the planet. An
ecomomy to which people "can relate". But, if your nation has a
National Health Service and you legalize all drugs, then, "If you
have a problem, you go see a state paid doctor" becomes
a viable alternative.

So maybe the Hill should have listened to one who knows all
about these narco-things. Mrs Clinton, when she and her
nasally challenged husband first arrived "on the scene".

                     ---------------------------------end

Other Biz..

The Olympic Committees, although "ready to  "deal with"

the native Australian, deaths in custody and the E Timor /

Indonesia issues. Have been somewhat suprised that

the coordinators of the campaigns have insisted that

Burma is ousted from Sydney 2000 before any deactivation

of protest at Aus embassies around the world during 1999

and the Millenium.

Policy Office
Music Industry Human Rights Association
UK Homepage  http://www.cerbernet.co.uk/mihra

email mihra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mihra was founded during UN50 to advance and protect
creators rights in a cultural market monopolised by the
six member recording  / publishing Cartel. Mihra's roots
are in music and anti-racism and it has called for a sports
boycott of both Indonesia and Burma for the Sydney 2000
Olympic Games.