Celebrating all women not just one (r)

<<  Re: Celebrating all women not just one
 Date:	98-06-21 17:04:40 EDT
 From:	aungsoe@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Reply-to:	burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (Conferencereg.burma)
 To:	burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (Recipients of burmanet-l)

 Moving from democracy movement to gender equality issue?
 As far as I understand the recent postings on this issue, no one is
 opposing the rights of women of Burma.

 If you read carefully their messages, you will see the difference
 between recongnizing the women's rights of Burma and idolizing a woman's
 oustanding performance in politics.

 Traditionally, our mothers share equal role with their husbands in
 raising our families.  Our mothers are of course our cultural teachers,
 teaching us how to speak our languages and interact with our society in
 accordance with existing cultural norms and values.
 I doubt Daw Aung San Suu Kyi accomplished this burmese mothers'
 traditional duty because my friends who came accross her kids told me
 none of them speak burmese well.
 What has Daw Aung San Suu Kyi been doing before she came back to Burma?
 It is a shame for a Burmese woman.

Can anybody find out who Aung Soe is and what side he is on????
He is giving mixed message lately and very deceiving. They all start that way.
Thanks