BWD celebration in South Africa on

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01BDA151.D7EB8000

 Free Burma Campaign { South Africa } celebrated Burma Women`s Day and =
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi`s birthday on 19 June 1998, 1:00 pm at University =
of Durban-Westville, Durban.
Kiru Naidoo, Director of Public Relation Department, Professor =
Z.Sonkosi, Department of Political Science, Dr. Thein Win, Burma =
dissident Free Burma activist, University Students and interested =
persons were attended to the celebration. The audience were watched the =
video tapes transcription of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi address to =
international community for Women of Burma Day and addressed to UN =
Commission on Human Rights on March 1998.
Kiru Naidoo and Dr. Thein Win addressed to the audience on present =
situation of Burma under military regime, who are ignored the=20
 free and fair the 1990 election result. National League for Democracy =
lead by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi won landslide victory (82% of the votes).
The audience discussed with Dr. Thein Win on Burma issue. The audience =
were more interested on human rights violation, education system of =
Burma.
Dr. Zarni, Founder of Free Burma Coalition sent an official message of =
support from FBC to South Africans "We salute the freedom-loving people =
of South Africa and we thank you all for joining with our friends and =
supporters across the world in honouring Burma`s
greatest resource, its women."
Kiru Naidoo distributed to the SA media for Burma Women`s Day and =
mentioned "We, in the Free Burma Campaign urge the South African =
Government to condemn human rights abuses in Burma, distance itself from =
the military dictatorship by expelling its envoy from Pretoria and =
imposing sanctions on that polecat regime."
After celebration, audience were observed poster and books show on Burma =
and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. "Burma: Voices of Women in the struggle" =
published by ALTSEAN-BURMA were also distributed to libraries and to =
interested persons. In this book, foreword by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01BDA151.D7EB8000

<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-2022-jp =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML =
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML =
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;Free Burma =
Campaign { South=20
Africa } celebrated Burma Women`s Day and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi`s =
birthday on 19=20
June 1998, 1:00 pm at </FONT><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial =
size=3D2>University of=20
Durban-Westville, Durban.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>Kiru Naidoo, Director =
of Public=20
Relation Department, Professor Z.Sonkosi, Department of Political =
Science, Dr.=20
Thein Win, Burma dissident Free Burma activist, University Students and=20
interested persons were attended to the celebration. The audience were =
watched=20
the video tapes </FONT><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial =
size=3D2>transcription of=20
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi address to international community for Women of =
Burma Day=20
and addressed to UN Commission on Human Rights on March =
1998.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>Kiru Naidoo and Dr. =
Thein Win=20
addressed to the audience on present situation of Burma under military =
regime,=20
who are ignored the </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;free and fair the =
1990 election=20
result. National League for Democracy lead by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi won =
landslide=20
victory (82% of the votes).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>The audience discussed =
with Dr. Thein=20
Win on Burma issue. The audience were more interested on human rights =
violation,=20
education system of Burma.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>Dr. Zarni, Founder of =
Free Burma=20
Coalition sent an official message of support from FBC to South Africans =

&quot;We salute the freedom-loving people of South Africa and we thank =
you all=20
for joining with our friends and supporters across the world in =
honouring=20
Burma`s</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>greatest resource, its=20
women.&quot;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>Kiru Naidoo distributed =
to the SA=20
media for Burma Women`s Day and mentioned &quot;We, in the Free Burma =
Campaign=20
urge the South African Government to condemn human rights abuses in =
Burma,=20
distance itself from the military dictatorship by expelling its envoy =
from=20
Pretoria and imposing sanctions on that polecat =
regime.&quot;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>After celebration, =
audience were=20
observed poster and books show on Burma and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. =
&quot;Burma:=20
Voices of Women in the struggle&quot; published by ALTSEAN-BURMA were =
also=20
distributed to libraries and to interested persons. In this book, =
foreword by=20
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01BDA151.D7EB8000--