Joint Statement by DYFI and SFI

Joint Statement By Democratic Youth Federation of India DYFI (Manipur
State Committee) and Student Federation of India SFI (Manipur State
Committee)

Date 7th July 1998.

Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), Manipur State Committee and
Student Federation of India (SFI), Manipur State Committee on behalf of
the democratic youth and student of Manipur extend its esteem solidarity
to the immense movement for restoration of democracy in Burma led by Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi. It is also further noted the prevailing circumstances
which incur hostility towards the democratic exercises and
internationally excepted rights in Burma.
The State Committee of DYFI & SFI call on unconditional release of all
political prisoners including U Myo Aung Thant and U Khin Kyaw along
with their families. And it is also extended its solidarity to the
genuine and democratic movement of workers, farmers, youth and students
and other democratic movements. We condemn the brutal act of the
military Government, which ordered the death sentence of six
pro-democracy students on the 30th April 1998.
We further call on the Military Government to respect the result of 1990
elections and to install democracy in Burma within 60 days as per demand
made by National League for Democracy (NLD) under leadership of Aung San
Suu Kyi.

President