Just think about it

Hi  and dear all

My name is Benya Aye (panyoma) and I am a new bloke on the block.I have
spoken to Alison T and Maung2 Than and Pa Par regarding new agendas for the
conference.Please find it as follows:

1. NLD's  60 days ultimatum call ( urgent measure )

2. Grassroot democracy and leaderships

1.  NLD's 60 days ultimatum call

This is an urgent measure and dues on 23rd of Aug.Who knows what is going
to happen?
The military is still ever vicious and brutal by arresting MPs,physical
confrontation to DASSK, tighter retriction on NLD's activities and
rebuffing initiatives to defuse the stand-off by Thailand and Phillipines
and etc.
The situation does not look good at all and another bloodshed like 1988 can
not be ruled out.

Therefore I would like to suggest that we,activists of Australia, should
think about it and discuss on what kind of role we can take up before and
during the crisis situations. If the worst comes to the worst.

Who knows,this time, the democracy forces will beat and get rid off the
military, then we might not be needing the strategies for the next two
years.

2. Grassroot democracy and leaderships

This proposed agenda is aiming no one or organisations in particular but
just reminder to DASSK's call for democracy- grassroot democracy, which is
the core problem of Burma today.

The Asian economic meltdown convinced us that not only economic success
without a democracy is no loger possible but also it uncovered  deep rooted
corruption at high level of government collusion with big businesses are to
blame. Yet these are so call democratic countries that we are closely
related to.
Is it the kind of democracy we after for Burma?

The Time magazine this week covers "cancer of corruption" reveals alarming
degree of high level corruptions around the world  includind dear
comradeship of ANC and the best in town democracy,United State of
America.The saddest thing is though in the end of the day people are the
one who suffered most and paying for it.Just like what was happening in
Thailand and Indonesia where corrupt government officials resigned and big
businesses declared bankruptcy.Left the big mess behind for the country.

We can not efford but no guarrenteed that such a thing will not happen in
future Burma. So what are the alternatives ?Which is, indeed, very much
overdued to put on the debating table among the activists of Burma.We can
not simply say which is up to the next government of Burma.It is as equally
important as lobbying,campaigning and fund raising for Burma.

Burma will need your expericnces and inputs.

Cheers

panyoma

Syd.Aust