Threats to Aung San Suu Kyi

For OKKAR 66129

Thanks very much for replying through Alice to my questions about criminal
charges against those who have been threatening the NLD leader.  No problem
with having the questions repeated as long as they get an answer indirectly
or directly.

Trouble is your reply does not really seem to be an answer.  So let me ask
another:  Given the concern that the Myanmar government has expressed for
the safety and well being of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, can you assure us that
efforts are being made to apprehend those who have threatened her?

Please do communicate with those who may have the answer to this or any of
the other questions that I have raised.  Certainly don't expect you to know
all the answers to questions that are raised, but we would like to hear
from you that you at least tried and what you were able to find out.

Incidentally, on the matter of repeated messages, thanks for passing along
the news about what  Foreign Minister Alatas thinks about ASEAN's policy of
'non-interference"?  At the end of this same item it says that Mr. Alatas
favours a referendum on self-determination for the people of East Timor.
Could you tell us what the official policy of the Myanmar government is
with regard to the right of the people of East Timor to determine their
political future?

Eric Snider
BC Burma Courier