NEWS - Western Bloc Threatens Myanm (r)

>NOTE: The news just reports the truth in Burma.  The military
>dictatorship (SPDC/SLORC/Tatmadaw) needs no help to destray the
>country.  Most of the problems are due to the SPDC, not outsiders and
>dissedents that tell the truth.

Hi,
I am a postgraduate doing research on Burma and what has caused the
conflict there.  First of all, I will say that it greatly saddens me to
hear of everything that happens there, and my heart goes out to those of
you who struggle every day with the many kinds of hardships you face.
Now, my question.  From what I can see, the root of all problems is that
the regime in Burma has always placed its own security above that of any
other's security: for the regime, its own survival is most important, and
anything that gets in the way is stopped - this means that the regime has
opposed any significant expressions of identities that are different to the
Burman identity, they have squashed democracy, because that would mean the
regime falling from power, and individual lives do not matter to them.
What is more, the regime has deluded itself into thinking that the majority
actually want them in power, and that the regime does all that it can to
protect them.
Even more frustrating is the fact that without recognition and support from
other countries, the regime would fall from power, like Mobuto in Zaire.

Do people agree or disagree with my comments, or have anything else to add.
 I would greatly welcome anything anyone has to say, unless anyone wants to
assasinate my character personally for writing this, which would be a shame.
Thankyou,
Owain M. Gower
Department of International Politics,
UWA.