special report on RFA Burmese secti (r)

mhlaing@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   He doesn't know accurately who she
> really is. Ma Thein Gi is a very refined and respestful Burmese lady and
> well-known artist. She is dedicated to the cause by spending three
> years in notorious Insein Jail for what she believes in.

You may be right that Ma Theingi WAS a very fined and respectful  and
well-known artist.
In 20 July 1989 , when ma Suu compound was rounded up by army , every one who
happened to be there in her home compound during that time was put into Insein
prison except her part-time maid.
However , I salute to her for that big sacrifice.

When ma Suu was released in 1995 , she went back and worked for her . (
salutation for that also ). After a while she got a non-Burmese boy friend who
desperately wanted to have big business with SPDC/SLORC. This gentleman always
come and see Ma Theingi in ma Suu's house . This was reproved by ma Suu and
then ma Theingi quit her cause.

> She has been under attack and labelled as a SPDC agent for expressing her
> very true
> belief that sanctions don't bring democracy into Burma. Why couldn't she
> make her opinion and why couldn't RFA air her article?

> Myint Hlaing
> Graduate School (School of Medicine)
> Indiana University

  Of course , she is free to express her very true belief , BUT what is
important is the ulterior motive behind it. Why did she write this article out
of blue moon ?
( At this point of time , I don't think I need to lecture you about the pros
and cons of sanctions and who is enjoying the benefits , who is suffering and
blah ... blah.... )

Khin Saw Win
University of Alberta
Pulmonary Medicine

Hi  !  Ko/U Myo Myint Aung...

Thank you very much for your very professional , civilized ,unbiased and
informative
report.
We really appreciate your time and effort to prepare this.

Since there are certain individuals like Ma Theingi , who writes for SPDC
using many
different anonymous names , misleading the netters and readers , as if there
are many
people supporting SPDC, we do need a lot of people like you who can shed
light.

In such a situation , where we all are struggling hard for freedom and truth ,
sided
and unfounded statements/messages released by people hired by SPDC (
especially at
this
critical period ) , are quite demolarizing for the Burmese people especially
those
inside the country.
Our people inside Burma have to rely on news from outside their world , since
their
own
media which is controlled by the regime is full of lies , it is important that
they
get
accurate and relevant news.

Let us support Ko Myo Myint Aung's resolusion and his conclusion , and help in
every
possible way to correct the corrupted RFA.

Thank you very much once again. AND DON'T GIVE UP

Regards,
alice khin s w