Settle differences

       SURIN URGES PARTIES TO SETTLE DIFFERENCES
 Foreign Minister Surin Pitsuwan yesterday called on all sides in Burma to
get talking and work towards a new political order in the country.
 Addressing the fifth Asean Regional Forum( Arf) Mr. Surin said
reconciliation was vital to bring stability and prosperity to the nation.
 "We, therefore, express our hope that dialogue without preconditions among
all parties in Burma be held with a view to arriving at a mutual acceptable
political consensus that will lay a foundation for a new political order
 ...accepted by all Burmese,"he said.
 "Thailand....as a democratic country , is a well wisher of
democracy-loving people everywhere ,"he said.
 "We do not seek to interfere in the internal affairs of any country but we
will voice our opinion on any issues that impact our country's stability
and our people's
well-being.The impact of those issues can also be considered a form of
interference,"he added.
Bangkok {Post 7/28/98).