FBC-LA Steps Up Visibility of ARCO

As part of the ARCO Summer campaign to increase pressure on ARCO to withdraw
from Burma, Free Burma Coalition activists in Los Angeles have hung giant
banners which read "ARCO in Burma = Heroin in USA" and "ARCO OUT OF BURMA:
BOYCOTT ARCO" over L.A. area freeways on a regular basis.     We have hanged
the banners for four of the last five days for several hours at a time.
Several of the days we specifcally chose  a location where our banner was
placed directly across from an ARCO-gas station.     Many passing motorits
honk to show their support and we talk with pedestrians about ARCO's
activities in Burma as they pass.

Bannering over freeways or along major roads is a simple and effective way
to be extremely visible without requiring large numbers of people.