No Subject Given

Dear Comrades,

It is great to know all of you are now commemorating the 10th
anniversary of our unforgettable 8888 public upheaval.  As the time goes
by, we have earned substantial experience and learned to see what are
really blocking on our marching path to our common goal: rebuilding our
nation as a new democratic Burma.

Now 8888 generation is not merely of immature activists.  They have
learned enough to distinguish what is right and what is wrong.  We have
a common idea of why we cannot move any further beyond this point.  For
those who lost sight of the revolion, hopelessness and helplessness make
them stay away from the revolutionary mainstream though they remain
genuine revolutionaries.  They have not lost their faith in people's
desire for freedom and democracy.  They have just lost in their faith in
the revolutionary leadership.  They are still capable of effectively
taking part in our revolution. They....who are they.  They are
everywhere, in Thai, Indian, Bangladesh borders, Norway, Canada, US.
They were our blood brothers and sisters who don't hesitate to defend
the truth we believe in common.  As the years go by, they gradually
constitute the majority.  They appear to be far away from the movement.
Why?  Let us ask this question to ourselves.

Now only few of us are arguing and making statements on net on every
anniversary related to our past nightmares.  How many of our brothers
and sisters who left the corrupted movement can hear our cries for truth
on-line and on papers?  I think we are loosing our own people within our
own struggle.  The enemy isn't not that effective in disintegrating the
natural unity among the 8888 generation.  We are to be blamed for our
own disintegration.

We have witnessed the comes and goes of opportunists. Yet we are still
seeing some opportunists at the high places of the revolutionary
structure.  They are holding the internally-acceptable banners, such as
Labor (FTUB).  We know what is really going on.  I don't think American
government is not that blind to see and deaf to hear our pleas.  It is
doing this intentionally to break us.  It is feeding its own pet.  FTUB
is a pet.  On the otherside, our generation never vow to any
pressure(money) by anyone.  We value our dignity and our sincere past.
We don't exchange this value with any material gain.  So We suffer.
Those who don't want to suffer become Saar-Phaar (eatable frogs) for the
oppotunists.  They became monkies in the labour-circus orgnized by
opportunists.  We were then divided: pro-money and pro-truth.  Pro-money
people dress well and speak sweet.  We, pro-truth, come out shabby and
speak bitter.  Yes...Truth is bitter.  After all, Money divided us.  No
body else.

It is time to look back our past and analyse our present with special
care.  We will be able to empower ourselves only when can we see our
past and present right and clear.  It is not too late to mend our ways
and means that divide our own people.  It is not too late to get rid of
the corrupts, who are directly responsible in reducing our brothers and
sisters' faith in revolutionary leadership.  Let us rebuild faith and
solidarity among our 8888 generation. Let us bring our brothers and
sisters back to the mainstream by evacuating the corrupts out of our
revolution.

With hope for and faith in the 8888 generation,

Aung Soe (BKK)