SLORC/SPDC NC Procedural Code (Part (r)

Thanks for your infomation.
<<<No one
(e)  shall distribute papers, without the permission of NCCWC, =
in the Convention assembly hall, in the
               meeting hall designated for delegate groups, in the =
building designated for the delegates to lodge=20
               or on the premises of them+ADs-
        (f )  shall leak to the outside papers classified as secret by =
the NCCWC.  Matters in such papers shall
               not be spoken of, written about, printed or published =
outside+ADs->>>
********************************
All stated restrictions on the NC delegates themselves speak the
expected draft of constitution being prepared by SLORC-convened
National Convention contains nothing identical to the values of a
genuine democracy, most importantly freedom of expression.
It is all clear that NLD is absolutely right in making her decision to
leave this undemocratic forum, which obviously is convened to make
draconian laws, such as entrusting all executive power to the army
personnel.  It is not a process of democratization.  It is a process
of systemactically "legalizing a die-hard military dictatorship in
Burma" at the cost of 1990 May elections.
Those who are still participating in the NC must be held accountable
for prolonging military dictatorship in our country if the said
convention succeeded in adopting the military constitution because of
their collaboration with the army.

People, please urge the representatives of your township and districts
to abstain from this "unlawful convention" sponsored and controlled by
the military personnel.

Thank you,
Maung Myo Thant

******************************
---aung@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BDC18A.D2461DA0
>
> SECTION (5)
>
> Prohibitions
>
> 47.  No one shall violate any one of the following prohibitions.
Any =
> [...]
>         according to existing laws.  No one shall
>
>         (a)  unjustly influence, entice or intimidate a delegate who
is =
> to discuss in the Convention meeting+ADs-
>
>         (b)  harass a delegate either in the Convention assembly
hall, =
> in the meeting hall designated for delegate=20
>                groups, in buildings designated for the delegates to =
> lodge or on the premises of them+ADs-
>
>         (c)  shall harass, prevent or resist either a delegate or a =
> security personnel of the Convention, in the
>                performance of his duty+ADs-
>
>         (d)  shall present forget papers or signatures withs the =
> intention of misleading either the Convention
>                or a delegate group+ADs-
>
>         (e)  shall distribute papers, without the permission of
NCCWC, =
> in the Convention assembly hall, in the
>                meeting hall designated for delegate groups, in the =
> building designated for the delegates to lodge=20
>                or on the premises of them+ADs-
>
>         (f )  shall leak to the outside papers classified as secret
by =
> the NCCWC.  Matters in such papers shall
>                not be spoken of, written about, printed or published =
> outside+ADs-
>
>         (g)  shall bring weapons or ammunition either into the =
> Convention assembly hall, the meeting hall=20
>                designated for delegate groups, the building
designated =
> for the delegates to lodge or the premises
>                of them, apart from the security personnel on duty.
>

> SECTION (6)
>
> Revocation of the delegate status
>
> 48.  The NCCWC shall decide whether the delegate status should be =
> revoked from a delegate status
>         should be revoked from a delegate failing to attend, in two =
> consecutive days, without the prior=20
>         permission of the presidium or valid reason, either the =
> Convention meeting or meetings held by the=20
>         delegate groups, on group by group basis.
>
> 49.  Due to the violation of rules laid down or a law in existence,
the =
> name of the delegate, whose delegate=20
>         status has been revoked, shall be announced.
>

> SECTION  (7)
>
> General
>
> 50.  Only when the Convention delegates stay together in one place,
the =
> tasks of finishing the businesses of =20
>         the NC smoothly and successfully in time, and the holding of
the =
> delegate group meetings as and when=20
>         necessary, can be successfully performed.  All the NCCWC has =
> arranged for quartering all the=20
>         Convention delegates in one place, it is necessary for all
the =
> delegates to help make that aim a=20
>         success by lodging in one place.
>
> 51.  During the time the Convention is in session, the application
of a =
> delegate for leave,  with valid reason,
>         to return home temporarily, with the permission of the
NCCWC, he =
> shall do so with his own=20
>         arrangement.
>
> 52.  When amendments to the provisions of this Procedural Code are =
> necessary, the NCCWC is to perform
>         them as necessary.  =20
>
> (The end)
>
> Many people have enquired about the nature of the SLORC/SPDC
National =
> Convention and its Procedural Code.  Therefore, the aim of posting
the =
> PC on the net is just to let people the world over know clearly
whether =
> the military dictators are sincere enough or whether they are really =
> drafting a democratic constitution of future Burma.
>
> In reality, the PC is just on paper.  It has not been practically
used.  =
> For instance, even though Article 29 (i) says: +ACI-If there are =
> differences in positions in the presentations made as provided for
in =
> the paragraphs above, by political parties, delegate groups and =
> individual delegates presenting separate suggestions, the NCCWC
shall =
> undertake, to the utmost extent possible, to iron out the =
> differences,+ACI- the NCCWC refused to do so.  After 104 basic =
> principles were one-sidedly laid down by the NCCWC, six political =
> parties namely NLD, SNLD, SSKDP, LNDP, WNDP and UKL promptly
submitted =
> protest letters to the authority concerned requesting to implement
the =
> Article 29 (i).  But they did not do anything. =20
>
> All people the world over know that the SLORC/SPDC National
Convention =
> is a sham.  Therefore, the National Convention must be abolished =
> unconditionally.
>
> The SPDC must convene the Parliament elected in 1990 within 60 days
as =
> called by NLD.  Convening the Parliament or dialogue with opposition =
> leaders are the only ways for the military dictators to get out of a =
> very heavy burden of political problems.
>
> The military dictators must stop suppressing political activists =
> including Daw Aung Suu Kyi and her NLD MPs-elect.  Recent treatment
to =
> Daw Aung San Suu Kyi was unacceptable to all civilized people of the =
> world.
>
> Pro-democracy governments, organizations and individuals all over
the =
> world are urgently requested to put more pressure or take possible =
> actions against the Burmese military dictators so that democracy and =
> human rights can be restored to Burma in the very near future.
>
> Heroin is the common enemy of all people in the world today.  The =
> Burmese military dictators are encouraging the people of Burma
directly =
> or indirectly to produce opium from which heroin is dirived.  That
is =
> the reason why drug producing is always increasing.  Therefore,
those =
> who support the Burmese generals must know that they themselves are =
> involving indirectly in illicit drug producing or trafficking.
>
> The world community, especially Burma's neigbouring countries, are =
> ardently requested to refrain from supplying arms and other war
materiel =
> to Burmese junta. =20
>
> The +ACI-flexible engagement+ACI- policy initiated by the Thai
Foreign =
> Minister and supported by the Philippine Foreign Minister is warmly =
> welcomed and very much appreciated by pro-democracy Burmese people =
> inside and outside Burma. =20
>
> Pro-democracy Burmese people are very much encouraged by the recent =
> joint American-Australian declaration on Burma -- requesting the
United =
> Nations Secretary-General to personally intervene in the Burmese =
> political problem.  Thank you very much.
>
> 8 August 1998 is the tenth anniversary of the Great Four-Eight
Uprising =
> in which thousands of peaceful pro-democracy demonstrators were
gunned =
> down by SLORC/SPDC mercenaries in 1988.
>
> All pro-democracy people of the world are humbly requested to join
hands =
> with Burmese counterparts in protesting against the SPDC military =
> dictators.
>
> Burmese people and their Aussie friends are taking part in huge
rally in =
> front of the SPDC embassy in Canberra on 8-8-98 between 12 noon and
2 =
> pm.  Each and everyone's participation will be warmly welcomed and
very =
> much appreciated.
>
> Down with SPDC military tyrants+ACEAIQAh-
>
> DA
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BDC18A.D2461DA0
>
> +ADwAIQ-DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC +ACI--//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN+ACIAPg-
> +ADw-HTML+AD4-
> +ADw-HEAD+AD4-
>
> +ADw-META content+AD0AIg-text/html+ADs- charset+AD0-utf-7+ACI- =
> http-equiv+AD0-Content-Type+AD4-
> +ADw-META content+AD0-'+ACI-MSHTML 4.71.1712.3+ACI-' =
> name+AD0-GENERATOR+AD4-
> +ADw-/HEAD+AD4-
> +ADw-BODY bgColor+AD0AIw-ffffff+AD4-
> +ADw-DIV+AD4APA-STRONG+AD4APA-FONT color+AD0AIw-000000+AD4-SECTION =
> (5)+ADw-/FONT+AD4APA-/STRONG+AD4APA-/DIV+AD4-
> +ADw-DIV+AD4APA-STRONG+AD4APA-FONT =

color+AD0AIw-000000+AD4APA-/FONT+AD4APA-/STRONG+AD4AJg-nbsp+ADsAPA-/DIV+A=
> D4-
> +ADw-DIV+AD4APA-STRONG+AD4-Prohibitions+ADw-/STRONG+AD4APA-/DIV+AD4-
> +ADw-DIV+AD4APA-STRONG+AD4APA-/STRONG+AD4AJg-nbsp+ADsAPA-/DIV+AD4-
> +ADw-DIV+AD4-47.+ACY-nbsp+ADs- No one shall violate any one of the =
> following prohibitions.+ACY-nbsp+ADs-=20
> Any one violating shall be prosecuted +ADw-/DIV+AD4-
> +ADw-DIV+AD4APA-FONT color+AD0AIw-000000 =

size+AD0-2+AD4AJg-nbsp+ADsAJg-nbsp+ADsAJg-nbsp+ADsAJg-nbsp+ADsAJg-nbsp+AD=
> sAJg-nbsp+ADsAJg-nbsp+ADs- +ADw-FONT=20
> size+AD0-3+AD4-according to existing laws.+ACY-nbsp+ADs- No one =
> shall+ADw-/FONT+AD4APA-/FONT+AD4APA-/DIV+AD4-
> +ADw-DIV+AD4APA-FONT color+AD0AIw-000000 size+AD0-2+AD4APA-FONT =
> size+AD0-3+AD4APA-/FONT+AD4APA-/FONT+AD4AJg-nbsp+ADsAPA-/DIV+AD4-

=== message truncated ===