Tight Lid in Rangoon on 8.8.89 (r)

RANGOONP@xxxxxxx writes:

> Witnesses said the streets of the capital were quieter than normal on what
is
> usually a busy market day and many residemts appeared to be staying in doors
> to avoid trouble after rumours of pro-democracy demonstrations.

    It is the sound proof that Myanmar citizens inside the country do not
want another riot. The Burmese activists in exile should understand the fact
by now.

> Diplomats said there were extra plain-clothes policemen in evidence around
> Yangon university, close to the home of opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi,
> but few uniformed military.

> ``I thought students would be on the streets shouting, but there was
nothing.
> It is quiet,'' said one Asian diplomat. ``The government has everything very
> much under control.''

These witnesses and Diplomats shold also witness how many percents of the
people are wearing the white shirts except the school children whose uniform
are white shirts, just to let the world know how much the activists' campaign
is supported by the people inside Myanmar.

ok