NLD turns down the SPDC's offer to

  It was deplorable to hear NLD turned down the SPDC's offer to have a
meeting.  I read the unofficial translation of August 7 announcement by
NLD to find the reasoning of NLD central committee. In my opinion, the
decision was unwise.  U Aung Shwe should have met his counterpart from
SPDC to listen what SPDC really wanted to say. It is a good chance to
start a low level talk to find a common ground which is essential to
establish the confidence and trust between the two sides.  You got to
start from a point if you really want to reach your destination. If the
term and condition are unacceptable for NLD, they can refuse to have
another round-table meeting.  It takes a big heart and tons of
determination to get a true reconciliation.  Politics is the art of
compromising to obtain the better outcome. When personal interest and
common interest come together, personal interest should be under the
common interest. When party's interest and people's interest come
together, party's interest should be under people's interest.  What the
whole nation really want is to have a national reconcilation and
democratic government sooner than later.  The strategic mistake can cause
another decade-long stalemate, leading to total ruin of our country. If
so, not only SPDC but also NLD must take the responsibilty.  Both SPDC and
NLD should consider profoundly the fact that it was already late to
rebuild the nation.  It will take so many years of hard work by the whole
nation to keep in pace with neighboring countries. People cannot suffer
any more. Please don't play cat and mouse game any more. It is about time
to start serious business for the sake of Burmese people.