Latest News from Burma (r)

RE: Latest News from Burma
==========================

This is not the first time that the Home Affairs Minister Tin Hlaing has
met with the NLD's central executive committee officials. Is his job
simply to scold them or just give them warnings?. I doubt he had any
meaningful talk with the NLD officials this time either.

If SPDC has a genuine interest to have a "real" dialogue with the NLD at
all, it should stop this nonsense at once.

That's what makes them so predictable. We know the Minister Tin Hlaing
was simply doing what you are told to do. We know that none of you have
your own mind. But, that does not give you any excuses to kill the
people just because they are asking for their right. The fact is people
are your bosses and you should listen to their wish not the other way
round.

We have said that many times and many times we have been proven right.
Now, we are going to say one more time. The fate of the country is now
in the hand of the entire people of Burma. Not with the SPDC nor the
NLD. (People meaning, orinary citizen young and old, men and women,
students, monks, workers,peasants, civil servants,etc..). They have been
asked to vote at the May 1990 elections and what they are now asking the
SDPC is to honour the results of the 1990 elections and convene the
parliament. The SPDC have no right to reufse their wish let alone
causing physical harm to them in any way under any circumstances.

And finally, please do not underestimate the will of the people when it
comes to this.

Minn Kyaw Minn
==============

>From notes@xxxxxxx Tue Aug 25 05:52:42 1998
>Date: 25 Aug 1998 05:00:46
>From: RANGOONP@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Latest News from Burma
>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>The detail of the lastest meeting between the SPDC and the NLD was as
follow:

>(AFP-08/25/98)---"Minister for Home Affairs Colonel Tin Hlaing met with
>opposition National League for Democracy (NLD) central executive
committee
>officials on Monday to deliver the message, the state-run press said
Tuesday.