message contents (r)

Mr. Strider,
Do you think Okkar's reports meet your criteria as news and thoughtful
analysis? You termed some peoples' (particularly MMAAUNG) postings as
FLAME.  According to his (MMAAUNG) last posting, you blocked his
postings.  Even though it never happened to me, there are provable
facts that you have been censoring some anaylitical report concerning
with NCGUB.  Now you are teaching the people online how to write an
analytical article or letter.  I think you are becoming an enemy to
those who are really good in offering their analytical views on the
movement and people who claims to be the leaders and scholars of it.
Why do you do that?

Make a survey on people's opinions upon MMAAUNG's coverage on RFA.
Ask them whether his reports are informative and analytical.  If his
reports appear character assassination, name-calling, people will vote
him out.  Do the same thing on OKKAR66129.  It is damn clear that
OKKAR many times carried news and stories that put FLAMEs on the
people.  No anlysis, no credibility, full of personal attacks on Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi.
I think the only reason why people leave the Burmanet would be that
you care more trashy news than real ones.  Please examine your
accusing fingers carefully.  It should be turned back to yourself.
Indeed, this posting by you is a flame to me.  Now you are the one who
started the fire.  Then flame.  Then what is next?  Block the good
writers from posting to you.

Don't look down on Burmese youths and students.
They have enough talent and intellectual strength to challenge the
lies traveling on internet unchecked and unnoticed.  You, Mr. Strider,
need not teach them how to write.  Let them use their own English. Let
it be in Low level or high level English.  Truth can be read in either
way.  Don't get offended by the language.  Try to understand truth
which lies in either bad or good language.  Sometimes, we use rude
examples, words to point out the truth.  Even Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's
father Gen Aung San once used an analogue which is rude in his speech
to the nation.  "If you keep wasting uncontrolled, it is dead sure our
country will become a country of prostitutes."  is his one of classic
rudeness that imprints on the mind of people and even the generations
who never saw him alive.
Rudeness is a legacy.  We know when to be polite and when to be rude.
So, stop preaching.

Watch your tongue.

Myo Thant

---strider@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear Subscribers,
>
> Once again, I am sending out an appeal to refrain from character
> assassination, personal attacks, and lewd comments on burmanet-l. The
> content of messages should include news and thoughtful analysis.
While I