Confused Handling of MY'n Plane Cra (r)

Re: Confused Handling of MY'n Plane Crash Sparks Conspiracy Theories

The question is , does confusion really looms within the military regime
in Burma?

>Officials confirmed only Saturday that the Myanmar Airways Fokker-27
>had crashed, five days after it went missing in bad weather during a
>scheduled domestic flight. But even that announcement, carried in >the
official New Light of Myanmar daily, conceded only that it was
>"probable" there were no survivors and did not indicate how many had
>been on board the aircraft.
>Airline officials had variously said there were 36 or 39 passengers
>and crew, all of them Myanmar nationals. Aviation sources in Yangon
>said most of the passengers were military officers and their >families.

We don't see why too many officials were issuing conflicting statements
and yet they carried no specific details about the identities and states
of the passengers and where about the plane had crashed.

A lot of questions have been raised in connection with this unfortunate
news.

What took them so long to find out the actual facts about the crash?

Has the SPDC been too preoccupied with their own personal affairs at
Rangoon to take care about the plane crash?

Has it lost its controls in the northern states?

Does the  SPDC has something to hide?

In a centralised military intelligence controlled state like Burma,it is
not possible that the MIs did not have any details about anybody's
movements including the military officers and their families.

So, what seems to be the problems?

Minn Kyaw Minn
==============

>From notes@xxxxxxx Mon Aug 31 05:14:02 1998
>Date: 31 Aug 1998 04:23:38
>From: RANGOONP@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Confused Handling of MY'n Plane Crash Sparks Conspiracy
Theories
>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Confused handling of Myanmar plane crash sparks conspiracy theories
>Mon 31 Aug 98 - 05:46 GMT
>BANGKOK, Aug 31 (AFP) - A Myanmar passenger jet plunged into a
mountainside,
>killing
>all on board. Or did it? And how many were on board anyway?
>Analysts highlight the confusion over the apparent air disaster as
another
>example of spin
>doctors from the isolated state at play, saying their handling of the
saga was
>either conspiratorial
>or simply incompetent.
>Officials confirmed only Saturday that the Myanmar Airways Fokker-27
had
>crashed, five days
>after it went missing in bad weather during a scheduled domestic
flight. But
>even that
>announcement, carried in the official New Light of Myanmar daily,
conceded
>only that it was
>"probable" there were no survivors and did not indicate how many had
been on
>board the
>aircraft.
>Airline officials had variously said there were 36 or 39 passengers and
crew,
>all of them
>Myanmar nationals. Aviation sources in Yangon said most of the
passengers were
>military
>officers and their families.
>"It's really been a complete shambles," said one western diplomat in
the
>Myanmar capital.
>"From the day it went missing until now they have failed to tell us
what the
>true situation is. God
>help us if an international carrier comes down here with lots of people
on
>board."
>Airline officials Monday said the flight from Yangon to the
northeastern town
>of Tachilek had
>simply gone missing after being ordered to divert to another airport
because
>of poor visibility.
>The pilot had been told to land at the Myanmar town of Heho or the
northern
>Thai city of
>Chiang Mai, rather than Tachilek, in Shan state, within the "Golden
Triangle"
>opium-growing
>area.
>The officials claimed the following day that the plane had landed
safely at an
>airport in
>neighbouring Laos and that all on board were safe. Then they said it
had in
>fact landed in a field
>in Laos, but that everyone was safe.
>A flurry of contradictory reports followed before confirmation came
Friday,