Statement by MPs

<bigger>Statement by MPs

</bigger>September 1, 1998

Statement by the Elected Representatives Overseas Declaring Their 'Full

Support' For the Convening of 'People's Parliament' by the National
League

for Democracy

1.  We are the representatives of the "Pyithu Hluttaw" (People's

Parliament) elected in the multiparty general elections on May 27,
1990.

We are now in the revolutionary areas or in other countries because the

situation in the country did not permit us to carry out our tasks in

accordance with the election results.

2.  Even though we, the elected representatives, are in the
revolutionary

areas or out of the country, we continue to carry out the tasks
dutifully

in our given roles in support of the democratization process.

3.  We wish to particularly stress here that we remain an integral part
of

the National League for Democracy headed by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, the
other

democratic forces, and the people.

4.  We wish to officially declare that we agree to support the firm

decision taken by the National League for Democracy to convene the

"People's Parliament" with elected representatives from the National
League

for Democracy and the other parties of the nationalities.

5.  We are all in agreement that the "People's Parliament" that will be

convened is not only in accordance with the wish of the people but is
also

an exercise that is completely legal under the Election Law that is
still

in force today.

6. We also agree to fully support the decisions taken by the elected

representatives at the session of this "People's Parliament."

7.  We wish to state that we are always mindful of the duties given to
us

by the voters and that we will continue to work until we fulfill

aspirations of the people for democracy.

Elected representatives in the revolutionary areas and overseas.

September 1, 1998.

For more information:

U Maung Maung Aye

Dr. Tint Swe

Tel/Fax: 02 732-1202

				00000000000

Please convert to Win-Burmese

trsdK;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ hcsKyfrS uruxjyKIac:,lrnfh "jynfol hv$wfawmf" tm;

jynfya&mufjynfol hv$wfawmfudk,fpm;vS,frsm;u tjynfht0axmufcHa=umif;
xkwfjyefa=ujimcsuf

ae hpGJ 1998 pufwbFmv 1 &uf

1? uGsEfkyfwdk honf 1990 jynfhESpf arv 27 &ufae hu usif;yjyKvkyfcJhaom
ygwDpHk'Drdkua&pD taxGaxGa&G; aumufyGJwGif jynfol
hv$wfawmfudk,fpm;vS,frsm;tjzpf
w&m;0ifa&G;aumufwifajrSmufjcif;cH&jyD;aemuf a&G;aumufyGJ&v'f
taumiftxnfaz:a&;vkyfief;pOfrsm;tm; xdktcsdefu jynfwGif;Y qufvufaqmif
&GufcGifhr&&Sdojzifh
awmfvSefa&;e,fajrESifhtjcm;EdkifiHrsm;odk?a&muf&Sdae=uaom
jynfol?v$wfawmfudk,fpm; vS,frsm;jzpf=uygonf?

2? jynfol hv$wfawmfudk,fpm;vS,frsm;onf vGwfajrmufe,fajrESifh
jynfyEdkifiHrsm;odk ha&muf&Sdaeapumrl
'Drdkua&pDa&;=udK;yrf;r_tm;wm0efodpGmjzifhus&mtcef;u?rSwwfpGrf;oIaqmif&Guffaevsuf&Sd=uygonf?

3? txl;ojzifh a':atmifqef;pk=unfacgif;aqmifaom trsdK;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ
hcsKyfESifh tjcm; 'Drdkua&pD tiftm;pkrsm;/ jynfolrsm;ESifh
pOfqufrjywfwom;wnf;&Sdae=ujcif;jzpfygonf?

4? ,cktcg trsdK;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ hcsKyfu tcdkiftrmqHk;jzwfxm;aom
trsdK;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ hcsKyf jynfol hv$wfawmfudk,fpm;vS,frsm; ESifh
wdkif;&if;om; jynfol hv$wfawmfudk,fpm;vS,frsm; yg0ifrnfh "jynfol
hv$wfawmf" ac:,l&efqHk;jzwfcsuftm; uGsEfkyfwdk hu oabmwlnD=ua=umif;
w&m;0ifxkwfjyef a=ujimvdkufonf?

5? ,ckac:,lrnfh "jynfol hv$wfawmf" onf
jynfolvlxk.qENt&aqmif&Gufjcif;jzpfonfhtjyif ,ae h wdkifw&m;0if
wnfjrJvsuf&Sdaom jynfol h v$wfawmfa&G;aumufyGJOya't& aqmif&Gufjcif;jzpfI
Oya'ESifh vHk;0nDnGwfonf[k uGsEfkyfwdk hu vufcH,Hk=unf=uonf?

6? tqdkyg "jynfol hv$wfawmf" u trsm;qENt& twnfjyKqHk;jzwfrnfh
qHk;jzwfcsufrsm;tm;vnf; uGsEfkyfwdk hu tjynfht0
axmufcHoGm;=urnfjzpfygonf?

7? uGsEfkyfwdk honf rJqEN&Sifjynfolrsm;u ay;tyfxm;aomwm0efrsm;tm;
rnfonfhtcgur# rarhrav#mh ouJhodk hrJqEN&Sifrsm;. 'Drdkua&pDvdkvm;aomqEN
jynfh0onftxd qufvufaqmif&GufoGm;=urnfjzpf a=umif;tav;teuf
xkwfjyefa=ujimtyfygonf?

awmfvSefa&;e,fajrESifh jynfya&mufjynfol hv$wfawmfudk,fpm;vS,frsm;

1-9-98

For more information:

U Maung Maung Aye

Dr. Tint Swe