student demostrations and the dead

Dear young brothers and sisters students

Hopefully this is a piece of help to those students who are demonstrating
against uncivilised,brutal and riddled with crime against generations of
humanity of Burma.This is also an advice from a " Khut Dow O "( an old
fighting peacock} of 70s movements.

By no means this message is definitely a .....  " telling them what to do."

Please feel free to take it or leave it.

STREET DEMONSTRATIONS ARE FOR TWO PURPPOSES ....

1. Raise attention of the problem to public as little or no other means are
available.

This tactic of public awareness campagns had played a very vital role in
well known French and Russian revolutions and subsequently in modern era of
Phillipines'   "people power revolution" , and very much the same of
Indonesia's student uprising.Which toppled the hardy,well-organised and
brutal dictators.It is still a sansational notion that these bastards were
gone.Ne win and gang and Mahatir of Malaysia will be the next to go.

In Burmese case, public is very much aware of junta's evilness and rejected
in 1990 election. Also it was a factor which attributed to NLD's landslide
the election victory.
               " My enemy's enemy is my friend."

2. Public awareness to a force against ruler or powerful  .....

Unfortunately the street demonstration has a  "use - by - date" limit in
the situation like in Burma now as the old man of Burma is not subjected to
international pressure as Marcos and Suharto were and decided to take all
his cronies to hell with him to make his the very last bit of life
worthy.And they all agreed to it,at least so far any way.

How to extend the use-by-date and how to make street demonstration more
user friendly,effective and attractive are

to be continued  ....................

Panyoma
Syd