Burmese opposition leader appeals f (r)

Re: Burmese opposition leader appeals for help

Recommendations:
---------------

A very good move made by the NLD leaderships. Now,(according to the
SPDC's statements), we have made the SPDC speak out: interested(?) and
puzzled (i.e who is running the excecutive branch and who is running the
legislative branch, under which constitutions are they
going to govern and how, etc, etc).

The reality of the facts is that the SPDC chose not to engage in a
tripartite discussion and yet eagerly awaiting for a deal from the
10-member committe out of this new development as "some moderates on the
internet may have suggested to them". I would not even suggest letting
the SPDC run the "Excecuitve Branch" all alone if a deal is ever made.
Don't forget that they all don't have the experience of running the
country through "Paliamentary Democracy" as they only know how to rule
by decree and by brute force. There must be check and balances all
along.

Well, it's all now in the hands of the 10-member committee and the
entire people of Burma who by now should know them very well. So, let
them wander in their own dream land for the time being. We all get what
we deserve and how honestly we feel about the future of the country as a
whole. "Honesty" can save and it's the best policy.

So, it's time that an appropriate arrangement should be made to convene
a "Peoples' Parliament" as soon as possible and a direct appeal to the
UN should be made to ask for an international recognition and support
for a committee set up to represent members of parliament who were
elected in 1990 but never allowed to take their seats.

In soliderity,

Minn Kyaw Minn