ABFSU; ANNOUNCEMENT

ALL  BURMA  FEDRATION  OF  STUDENT  UNIONS.
(FOREIGN  AFFAIRS'  COMMITTEE)
ANNOUNCEMENT
21st September 1998.

We, the All Burma Federation of Student Unions, fully support the formation
of the 10 members committee representing the elected Member of Parliament,
announced on 16th September, 98.

To convene the parliament is the duty given by the nation to the National
League for Democracy. It is also in accordance with the current rules and
laws. The harassment, intimidation, and blocking by the SPDC in order to
stop the convening of the parliament are a violation of Law and Order.

The military regime has not been able to solve the economic crisis, has
degraded social situation and unable to break the political deadlock during
their rule since the 1988.
Also the military regime had crushed the recent student unrests and
arrested round about 300 students.

It is impossible to get peace and  development for our country without the
respect and faith between the people and the government and each other.
There cannot be peace without the People's government, representing the
people through democratic ways. So there is an urgent need to form a
civilian government with the representatives of the people.

We believe that the 10 members committee representing the elected Members
of Parliament is a basic step for the appearance of a people's government.
We will protest strongly against anybody who tries to crush the committee
and their activities.

We also appeal to the internal forces, external forces and international
community to fully support and coordinate with the committee.

Foreign Affairs' Committee
All Burma Federation of Student Unions.