Burmese is in Win_Burmese font.

-------------
trsKd;om;'Drkdua&pDtzGJhcsKyf
trSwf (97§c) taemufa&GS*kHwkdifvrf;
A[ef;jrdK@e,f/ &efukefjrKdh

a}unmcsuftrSwf- 64 (9§98)

	1// trsKd;om;'Drkdua&pDtzGJ@csKyf. jynfolv$wfawmfudk,fpm;vS,frsm;/
jynfe,f§wdkif;/ jrdK@e,f/ &yf§aus;rsm;rS pnf;&Hk;a&;tzGJ@0ifrsm;ESifh
tjcm;tzGJh0ifrsm;udk   zrf;qD;xdrf;odrf;jcif;ESifh ywfoufI
xyfrH&&Sdonfhowif;rSm-

jynfol@v$wfawmfudk,fpm;vS,f---------------------------------   r&Sd
jynfe,f§wdkif;/ jrdK@e,fESifh &yf§aus; rsm;rS pnf;&Hk;a&;tzGJ@0ifrsm;
-------------    (29) OD;
BurnESifhtjcm;tzGJh0ifrsm;

	2// xdk@a=umifhowif;rsm;&&Sdonfrsm;t& ,ae@txdzrf;qD;xdef;odrf;
cH&onfhpkpkaygif;rSm -

jynfo@lv$wfawmfudk,fpm;vS,f--------------------------
] 196

jynfe,f§wdkif;/ jrdK@e,f/ &yf§aus; pnf;&Hk;a&;tzGJ@0ifrsm; -----
657 ? 29 ] 686
ESifhtjcm;tzGJ@0ifrsm;
----
                                                                  aygif;
882

	3// ,ae@xufwdkif qufvufI zrf;qD;/ xdef;odrf;qJyifjzpfonf//

A[dktvkyftr_aqmiftzGJ@

trsKd;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ@csKyf
&efukefjrdK@
1360 jynfhESpf/ owif;u|wfvqef; (1) &uff
1998 ckESpf/ pufwifbmv (21) &uf

National League for Democracy
No: (97/b) West Shwegondine Road
Bahan, Rangoon

Statement No: 64 (9/98)

1. The additional  number of National League for Democracy members
arrested are:-

Elected Members of
Parliament--------------------------------------------------Nil
Members of organising committees
(State/ Division/ Township/ Village and Ward levels) and
others------------29

2. This brings the total numbers to date as follows-
 Elected Members of
Parliament--------------------------------------------------196
Organising Committees and
others------------------------------------657+29= 686

------------

TOTAL      882

3 The arrests have not stopped

Central Executive Committee
National League for Democracy

21 September 1998.

trsKd;om;'Drkdua&pDtzGJhcsKyf
trSwf (97§c) taemufa&GS*kHwkdifvrf;
A[ef;jrdK@e,f/ &efukefjrKdh

a}unmcsuftrSwf- 68 (9§98)

	1// trsKd;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJhcsKyfrS/
EdkifiHawmfat;csrf;om,ma&;ESifhzGHhjzdK;a&;aumifpDOuUXxHodk@

             - tzGJ@csKyf A[dkOD;pD;tzGJh0ifESifh
ppfudkif;wdkif;pnf;&Hk;a&;tzGJhOuUX jzpfol OD;ausmfqef;
             - tzGJhcsKyf A[dkvli,ftaxmuftultzGJh0if rcifrdrdcdkif
wdk@ESifhywfoufI ay;ydk@onfhta=umif;=um;pmudk odom&ef/ a=unmvdkufonf//

(p)   ta=umif;t&m//              // w&m;Oya'rJhkjyKusifhjcif;

	1// 6-9-98 &ufae@n(21;00)em&Dausmfcef@wGif/
trsKd;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ@csKyfA[dkOD;pD;tzGJ@0ifESifh
ppfudkif;wdkif;pnf;&Hk;a&;tzGJh OuUX jzpfol OD;ausmfqef;. aetdrfodk@
a'owyfrawmf axmufvSrf;a&; tzGJh0ifrsm;/
&yfuGufat;csrf;om,ma&;ESifhzGHhjzdK;a&;aumifpDtzGJh0ifrsm;ESifh,if;tzGJh0ifwpfOD;jzpfonfh
OD;aomif;az qdkolESifh&Jpcef;rSolrsm;onf
armfawmf,mOfrsm;jzifha&mufvm=uum um;[Gef;rsm;udk us,favmifpGmwD;I/
w&m;Oya't& vdktyfaom jcHwGif;tdrfwGif;0ifa&muf&SmazGEdkifcGifh
0&rf;rygbJ/ jcHpnf;&dk;rsm;udk twif;ausmfwufum tdrfxJ&Sdvlrsm;udk
ESdK;ygonf[k =um;od&ygonf//

	2// tdrf&Sifrsm;u ntcsdefrawmfjzpfI tdrfom;ESpfOD;om&Sdaoma=umifh
vHkjcHKa&;pdwfrcs&ojzifh
eHeufvif;rS vma&muf=u&efajymjyjyD; tdrfwHcg;rsm;udk zGifhray;yg// xdktcg
jcH0if;odk@twif;usL;ausmf    0ifvmolwdk@u
tdrfwHcg;r=uD;ESifhjywif;aygufrsm;udk jyif;xefpGmxk&dkufESufvsuf/
wHcg;r=uD;udk oHwl&Gif;jzifhxdk;aumftwif;zGifh=uonf[k owif;&&Sdygonf//
zGifhIr&aomtcg tdrfudkvSnfhywfum rdk;vif;onftxd xk&dkufESufjyD;
zkef;vdkif;udkvnf; udkufjzwfypfvdkuf=uygonf[k=um;od&ygonf//

	3// 7-9-98 &ufae@ eHeufrdk;vif;onfhtcg wyfrawmfaxmufvSrf;a&;trSwf(6)rS
Adkvf=uD;
&JausmfolqdkolOD;aqmifonfh
&yfuGufat;csrf;om,ma&;ESifhzGHhjzdK;a&;aumifpDrS OD;aomif;az qdkolESifh/
tjcm;t&yf0wf (5)OD;cef@ OD;ausmfqeff;.aetdrfodk@xyfrHa&muf&Sdvm=ujyD;
w&m;0ifzrf;qD;0&rf;rygbJ/
OD;ausmfqef;tm; zrf;qD;ac:aqmifoGm;cJh=uygonf//

	4// wpfzef xdkae@7-9-98 &ufae@n (21;20)em&Dcef@wGif
wyfrawmfaxmufvSrf;a&;trSwf(6)rS Adkvf=uD;wpfOD;/ &JtkyfwpfOD;/
&J=uyfwpfOD;/ axmufvSrf;a&;(6)rS q&mOm%farmifqdkolwdk@ a&mufvm=ujyD;
wHcg;udktwif;zGifhcdkif;um/
Oya'ESifhtnD&SmazGrdef@cGifhjyKcsuf0&rf;rygbJ/ pm&Gufpmwrf;udkxkwfay;yg
qdkojzifh  pm&Gufpmwrf;rsm;udk xkwfay;&onf[k =um;od&ygonf//

	5// xdkodk@ tdrf&Sifruxkwfay;onfudk 0ifa&mufvmolwdk@ura=ueyfojzifh/
wpftdrfvHk; tdyf,m/
ae&m/ rSefbD&kddk/ tcef;tm;vHk;rusef ajAmif;qefatmif&SmazG=uI/
aowWm=uD;i,f tm;vHk;zGifhcdkif;ojzifh
vuf0wfvufpm;xnfhxm;onfh aowWmi,frsm;ygrusef &SmazG=uonf[k =um;od&ygonf//

	6// 4if;jyif qufqH&mwGif tvGef&dkif;pdkif;jyD;/
OD;ausmfqef;('kAdkvfrSL;=uD;tjzpfjzifh)
ppfOD;pD;wuUodkvfoifwef;wufa&mufcJhpOfu/ rdrdudk,fa&;rSwfwrf;rsm;twGuf
w&dkwao odrf;xm;aompmtkyf/ pm&Guf/ pmwrf;/ rSwfpk ponfwdk@udk rodrf;&ef/
r,l&efawmif;yefaeonfh=um;rS
&dkif;yswkef@jyefrnfhtjyKtrljzifh odrf;qnf;,loGm;=uygonf//
xdkypPnf;rsm;udkay;tyfvdkufygonf[k tdrf&Sifrtm;vufrSwftwif;xdk;cdkif;&m/
tyfESHwmr[kwf odrf;qnf;,laqmifoGm;onf[kom vufrSwfa&;xdk;ay;vdkufonf[k
=um;od&ygonf//

	7// 19-9-98 &ufae@u OD;ausmfqef;uvdktyfonfhypPnf;rsm;udk
wyfrawmfaxmufvSrf;a&; trSwf(6)odk@vma&mufay;ydk@&ef rSm=um;ojzifh
rdom;pkuoGm;a&mufydk@&mwGif 4if;tm;
tif;pdefwGJbuftusOf;axmifodk@ydk@vdkufjyDjzpfI ypPnf;rsm;udkrydk@EdkifbJ
jyef,lcJh=u&onf[k                         =um;od&ygonf//

	8// xdkuJhodk@ tdrfjcHwGif;0ifa&mufcGifhjyKrdef@r&SdbJ/
jcHudkusL;ausmf0ifa&mufjcif;onf/
ydkifeufusL;vGefonfhjypfr_ajrmufjcif;jyK&ma&mufonfhjyif/
w&m;0if&SmazGcGifh/ zrf;qD;ac:aqmifcGifhtrdef@rygbJ/
twif;t=uyfjyKrl&ma&mufojzifh tav;teufuefuGufvdkufygonf//

	9// aemufta=umif;t&mwpfckrSm 11-9-98 &ufae@wGif
trsKd;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ@csKyf
A[dkvli,f taxmuftultzGJ@0if rcifrdrdcdkifonf tzGJ@csKyf&Hk;rSnaeydkif;/
rdrdaetdrfodk@
jyefoGm;cJhygonf// tdrfodk@jyefra&mufrD/ '*HkjrdK@opf(ajrmufydkif;)wGif
todrdwfaqGtdrfwpftdrf odk@acwW0ifa&mufjyD;/ xdktdrfrSjyefxGufvmpOf/
vrf;ckvwf '*HkjrdK@opf(ajrmufydkif;)&Sd rEWav;vrf;ray:wGif
wyfrawmfaxmufvSrf;a&;tzGJ@0ifrsm;u av;bufav;weftwif;ydwfqdk@um/
zrf;0&rf;ryg&SdbJ t"rRzrf;qD;ac:aqmifoGm;onf[k=um;od&onf//

	10// rdbrsm;taejzifh(4)&ufcef@=umaomtcg rnfonfhae&m/ rnfonfhtcsdefwGif/
rnfodk@rnfyHkjzpfonfudkrod&ojzifh/ tvGefpdk;&drfaomua&muf=u&ygonf//
aemufawmhrSom rdef;uav;wpfOD;tm;/ &mZ0wfom;yrm twif;ydwfqdk@/
t"rRzrf;qD;oGm;a=umif;od&ygonf// zrf;qD;olrsm;rSm
wyfrawmfaxmufvSrf;a&;trSwf(26)rS wyf=uyfxGef;pdefqdkolOD;pD;onfh
tzGJ@0ifrsm;jzpfygonf// xdkaemuf wyf=uyfxGef;pdefrS
ta&Shydkif;wyfrawmfaxmufvSrf;a&;wm0efcH atmifol& qdkolxHodk@
vGJtyfay;vdkufa=umif; od&ygonf// xdkodk@aom tjyKtr_rsm;udk
av;eufpGmuef@uGufygonf//  (qHk;)

	2// (u) OD;ausmfqef;ESifhywfoufI tm%mydkifrsm;.vkyfaqmifcsufrSm
tmCmwtvGef
=uD;rm;pGmxm;&SdjyD; tm%mudkw&m;Oya'rJh tvGeftoHk;jyKvdkufjcif;
jzpfayonf//

	   (c) rcifrdrdcdkifESifhywfoufI tm%mydkifrsm;.vkyfaqmifcsufrSm
jrefrmh,Ofaus;r_ xHk;wrf;pOfvmudk csKd;zJhvdkufjyD;/
trsKd;orD;i,fwpfOD;udk/ tm%mydkiftrsKd;om;wpfpku/
vrf;ay:wGifzrf;qD;ac:aqmifoGm;jcif;rSm vHk;0roifhavsmfonfhudpPjzpfonf//

A[dktvkyftr_aqmiftzGJ@

trsKd;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ@csKyf
&efukefjrdK@
1360 jynfhESpf/ owif;u|wfvqef; (2) &uff
1998 ckESpf/ pufwifbmv (22) &uf
National League for Democracy
No: (97/b) West Shwegondine Road
Bahan, Rangoon

Statement No: 68 (9/98)

I. Letter despatched to the Chairman of the State Peace and Development
Council by the National League for Democracy in regard to
· U Kyaw San, Central Committee Member and Chairman of Sagaing  Division
Organising Committee
· Ma Khin Mi Mi Khaing, Central Youth Working Committee Member

- is published for information.

(f) Subject - Illegal activities.

1.	Our information is that at night (about 20:00 hours) on the 6th
September  1998, members of the Military Intelligence , and members of
the Ward SPDC led by U Thaung Pe, and members of the police force,
arrived  at the residence of U Kyaw San, Central Committee member and
Chairman of  Sagaing Division Organising Committee. They blasted their
car horns and jumped the fence, and without a search warrant awakened
the inmates.

2. Our information is that the two inmates were fearful  for their
security and asked them to come in the morning and refused to open the
door. The gang then banged on the windows and the doors and attempted to
open the main door with an iron crowbar. They then surrounded the house,
cut the phone line and continued banging on the house till morning.
3. On the morning of the 7th, Captain Ye Kyaw Thu from MIS(6) and the
said U Thaung Pe from the Ward SPDC and five others in civilian clothing
came again to the house. They arrested U Kyaw San without any warrant of
arrest and took him away.
4. Our information is that again on the 7th  night at about 20:20 hours,
a team consisting of one Captain from MIS(6), a police officer, a police
sergeant, Warrant Officer Nyan Maug MIS(6) demanded that the door be
opened and entered. They had no search warrant and demanded that
documents be produced. This was complied with.
5. Our information is that they were not satisfied with the documents
produced so they ransacked the house completely opening every box,
cupboard, and searching every room including the lavatory. Every box,
big and small had to be opened up including the box in which personal
jewellery was kept.
6. Our information is that the team was extremely arrogant and rude in
their manner of speech and conduct. U Kyaw San's wife requested that
they refrain from confiscating her husband's personal and treasured
record and books that he had maintained when attending the military
academy as a Lieutenant Colonel. They responded with obnoxious language
and asked her to sign a document stating that she was entrusting these
records with them. But she refused and instead wrote that they were
taken away from her.
7. Our information is that the family was told that they could bring U
Kyaw San's personal requirements to the MIS(6) office on the 19th
September. This they did but on arrival were informed that he had been
transferred to the Annex  at the Insein jail so his belongings had to be
taken back.
8. Entering a premises without legal authority amounts to trespass.
Moreover , the search and arrest conducted was without legal authority
and by sheer use of force and power. This is strongly condemned.
9. Another matter relates to Ma Khin Mi Mi Khaing who is the a member of
the Central Youth Working Committee of the NLD. Our information is that
on the evening of the 11th September 1998 on her way home from the NLD
office and after she had called in for a short time at a friend's house
she was surrounded on all four sides on Mandalay Road at Dagon Myothit
(North) by MIS personnel and forcefully taken away by them.
10. Her parents had no information about where she was, how and what had
happened to her for four days and were extremely anxious. Later they
heard that their daughter was cornered, caught and arrested like a
fugitive. Our information  is that the team that cornered and took her
away was headed by Corporal Tun Sein from MIS(26). She was handed over
to Aung Thura, officer in charge at the MIS eastern section. We strongly
condemn this kind of conduct and action.  END

II 	(a) The authorities have acted with animosity and abuse of power in
proceeding against U Kyaw San.
(b) In the case of Ma Khin Mi Mi Khaing the approach by a group of
persons in authority towards a young Burmese girl in this manner on a
public road is against Burmese social customs and norms and is entirely
unwarranted.

Central Executive Committee
National League for Democracy

Rangoon
trsKd;om;'Drkdua&pDtzGJhcsKyf
trSwf (97§c) taemufa&GS*kHwkdifvrf;
A[ef;jrdK@e,f/ &efukefjrKdh

a}unmcsuftrSwf- 69 (9§98)

rSwfcsuf//     //  Ta=unmcsufudktrsKd;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ@csKyf. 22-9-98
&ufpGJyg a=unmcsuf
                  trSwf-65  (9§98)/ trSwf-67  (9§98)wdkhESifh
qufEG,fIzwf&SKyg&ef//

	1// trsKd;om;'Drkdua&pDtzGJ@csKyf omauwjrdK@e,frS vli,ftzGJ@0ifrsm;udk
wyfrawmf(a&)axmufvSrf;a&;/ tzGJ@0ifrsm;u vdkufvHzrf;qD;aeonf//
tqdkygvli,f(5)OD;udk zrf;qD;&rdjcif; r&Sdao;ojzifh
4if;[email protected];ESifhaqGrsKd;om;csif;rsm;udk zrf;qD;rnf[k
axmufvSrf;a&;tzGJ@0if wpfOD;jzpfol &efrsKd;atmif(ac:) &efrsKd;odef;u
csdef;acsmuf=udrf;armif;aeonf[kod&onf//

	2// Todk@wyfrawmfaxmufvSrf;a&;tzGJ@0ifrsm;u w&m;vufvGwf/
w&m;rJhjyKusifh/
 vkyfaqmifjcif;rSm tm%mudktvGeftu|HoHk;aejcif;jzpfayonf//
Todk@aqmif&Gufjcif;rsm;/ vloGm;vrf;rrsm;ay:wGifzrf;qD;jcif;ESifh
c&D;onfwifarmfawmf,mOfrsm;ay:wGif vdkufvHI zrf;qD;jcif;rsm;udk
&yfwef@ap&ef txuftm%mydkifrsm;u =uyfrwfay;&ef
trsKd;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJhcsKyfu awmif;qdkvdkufonf//

A[dktvkyftr_aqmiftzGJ@

trsKd;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJ@csKyf
&efukefjrdK@
1360 jynfhESpf/ oDwif;u|wfvqef; (3) &uff
1998 ckESpf/ pufwifbmv (23) &uf

National League for Democracy
No: (97/b) West Shwegondine Road
Bahan, Rangoon

Statement No: 69 (9/98)

NOTE- To be read in conjunction  with STATEMENT 65(9/98) and 67((/98)
dated
22 September,1998.

1. The Military Intelligence (Navy) are arresting members of the
National League for Democracy (Youth Wing) from the Thaketa township .
We have information that because they have not been able to apprehend
five members, the parents and relatives are being threatened and
harassed by Yan Myo Aung(a)
Yan Myo Thein , a member of the Military Intelligence.
2. This illegal activity of the Military Intelligence personnel amounts
to abuse of authority in the extreme. We ask the higher authorities to
monitor these activities and to refrain from stopping and searching
buses and arresting travellers on public roads.

Central Executive Committee
National League for Democracy

23 September 1998.