Ko Than Win

Hello Ko Than Win,
		May I ask you a few questions?  What is the meaning of "Well Founded Fear of
Persecution"?  As explained by a US immigration official in Bangkok, when you
are oppressed, and threatened by an administration in your homeland, it will
be an enough evidence.  As you know, in Burma, all people can't speak what
they believe, exercise what they think is right, and even can't complain how
they are badly treated.  They don't even need to prove it and almost all know
about that fact.  You or your family or relatives doesn't need to be arrested
or killed or put in jail in order to fit with INS asylum status.  But, INS
does reject people because of their limit not because of the doubt on
applicant eligibility.  It will not expressed sincerely though.
	As you said, if INS has to decide to give privilege to those who are badly in
need, whom will you recommend?  Only we, the students are in necessarily need
or Bo Hla Tint's wife, or NCGUB's leaders, or leaders!  Who are badly in need
and why?  It would be great if you answer and explain why they are to be
priority than other people.  Why is someone from the same situation and under
the same oppressive regime should have priority than the others?  Does it make
sense?
	We love to say that we just sacrifice for the people and for the country.
But, when we have to compete with the people for an opportunity, we want to
get it first and don't want to give that to the people because we
SACRIFICE!!!!
	We eat people's rice and take people's every assistance.  We tell them what
to do and what are not good and how bad the regime is which we listen from the
radios and which we saw.  We ask people's stories and information about how
SPDC treats them badly so that we can publisize in our human rights reports
and statements.  In some areas, we tax people (for example - sea tax or piracy
or whatever).  We issue various reports and situation of how people are
oppressed but basically what our fundamental meaning is "therefore give us
fund or support"  but no one knows what and how we will do good for the
people.  What have we done for the people?  A LOT, isn't it?  Then again, when
applying UNHCR for refugee status or asylum, we want to be treated as special
persons because we give up so much.  Then what?
		When all sort of people from Burma say that they are oppressed by the
regime, are they lying?  No they are not.  They are also really oppressed and
so are we.  Then why can we say faking for political asylum?  Why, are they
lying or are they faking?  If they are lying or faking, it means that we all
are faking, lying, and presenting unreal things.  If we are for the people,
why all sort of people shouldn't be first priority than us?
		I hate to say that.  Many of us say that we are not like ethnic minority
groups, we are not like refugees, we are not like anyone else on the border.
However, we eat same rice donated for humanitarian purpose and moreover, very
lately, we take shelters in refugee camps.  But, we are still proudly saying
the same that we are not like those who we live together with.  Moreover, we
are implying by any means that we should not be treated like the others but
should be prioritized.
		We are not in solidarity with NCGUB and FTUB which are also giving out
recommendations to those who are close to them.  What NCGUB has done for the
people even in the areas where NCGUB can reach out?  NCGUB took shelter in
Manerplay and kicked those who gave shelter to them.  "One member of NCGUB
said that "we don't eat tinned fish and tinned fish is for dogs".  At that
time tinned fish was a good meal for many people and some couldn't even afford
to buy it.  Formed with those kind of people, should it be the kind of group
we should support for?
		We need to review the leadership and the way we behave to leader and the way
the leaders conduct.  We are not defending Ko Htun Aung Kyaw and Ko Myo Thant
or anyone but what we are saying is that the whole system and ways of our
struggle need to be reviewed and adjusted.  Without doing so, you will never
have time to do anything else except trying to correcting or fighting
misconducts.
	Well, if you want to take legal action, go ahead.  Do you have 40 millions
and your time to make investigation like Clinton's sex scandal?  It will cost
you more because INS is more messy than the sex scandal.  If you really do so
as you said, you will find many NCGUB recommendations.  Really love to hear
the investigation and it will be really pleasing to see it.  By the way, we
don't need any recommendations for refugee status and asylum status because we
are apply for what we had and who knows what we have done.  No one can really
know what others do to recommend at the end of the day.  So, we rely on
ourselve.