Declaration on attitude of Kayin pe (r)

Subject : Declaration on attitude of Kayin peace group of Thandaung
Township Special Region in connection with the NLD's call for
convening of Hluttaw

Date: 20 September 1998

1. The peace group of Thandaung Township Special Region issued a declaration
on its attitude in connection with the declaration No 58 (9/98) issued by NLD
on 169-98.

2. In the course of over 50-year-long internal strife in Myanmar, various
governments changed, and there was no peace and progress in the nation.
Though, they governed the nation through various systems, the nation did not
see peace at all. Now, the declaration issued by NLD is also an illogical one.
That party can take a similar course like previous governments.

3. Therefore, we will not at all support that party's declaration. Only the
incumbent government is striving for national solidarity. It is found that
pleasantness will continue to reign in the future. It will be of great benefit
to the people.

4. The (KNU) peace group of Thandaung Township Special Region pledges itself
to continue to strive for the development of the nation and oppose subversives
acts, joining hands with the Government.

5. The reason is that our peace group is 8 peace group that stands for the
nation forever.

6. Therefore, we declare that we will not at all encourage and support every
act of NLD.

Sd Maj Ferimo
Chairman
Thandaung Township Special Region (KNU)