Declaration on attitude of Burma Co

Attitude of the nationalities peace group

Subject : Declaration on attitude of Burma Communist Party (Rakhine State)
in connection with acts of National League for Democracy

    Date: 7 October 1998

1. It is found that the National League for Democracy distributed in September
1998 the declarations on unlawful convening of a Hluttaw and formation of
unlawful people's representative committees, which might lead to
disintegration of Myanmar.

2. With the aim for national reconciliation and believing that the armed
insurrection will not be beneficial to the State and people, the Burma
Communist Party (Rakhine State) presented arms to the government and swapped
arms for peace on 4 June 1997.

3. We declare that our organization protests against the declarations of the
National League for Democracy, which may hamper peace and stability of
Myanmar.

Sd U Saw Tun Oo
Leader
Burma Communist Party (Rakhine State)