Who knows? junta's PC (r)

Dear SHAN,

According to the September 25 issue of SPDC's official gazette
this 16-member ``Political Affairs Committee'' headed by Khin Nyunt was
formed on September 18, the 10th anniversary of the military takeover.

As usual, the gazette did not say much about the reasons behind the
formation of the committee.

An official source who did not want to be identified was reported as
saying that its role would be to study the activities of political
parties in successive eras. They must think they are doing pretty well
about it.

I won't blame you if you'd beleive their claim. Well, I don't want to
spend too much time speculating about it. So, I'll keep it short.

Whatever weird role they may claim to take, this committe was formed by
the most politically inclined group within the SPDC regime. It's nothing
but a 1-3 ( or 1 by 3) faction of the SPDC. You would probably notice
that Secretary-3 Lt. Gen Win Myint is the later addition to the SPDC
after it was initially formed without him or Lt.Gen Tin Hla. (But, Win
Myint was finally appointed as Sec-3 of the SPDC while Tin Hla still
remains in War Office in a specially created position. ... That's only
the tip of the ice berk.....

They may still claim that they would not hang on to power for long. They
may still claim that military is not a political party.

Just examine the day it was formed and the composition of the members of
this committee. You can easily tell what it is for.

That's it.

So, let's rally behind the NLD and follow its lead. "People" are always
right and "People" will win at last.

In soliderity with the NLD's movements.

Minn Kyaw Minn