Short new SPDC troop forced village

Subject: Short new SPDC troop forced villagers in Maung Wee township to tax

drugs poppy
To: burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx

Acording to violet news from our corespondence on 28.11.98 early in the
morrning SLORC/SPDC troops 425 and including some (people's militia) burmese
call (pyi to sid) around (38) based in Maung Wee township north of Shan
State, arrived to Lishow nationality villages and Chinese nationality
villages all(6) villages are who growing poppy in Maing Wee township.
SLORC/SPDC order villages headman, each house must tax poppy (4 killo) or
(15,500)Kyat to the hardquter of (pyi to sit) or (people's militie) in Moung
Wee township before the end of November. They  also have to tax some Chinese
money (500 Yin)to the SPDC troop, if some one refuse to do taht, you will
died said to the village headman. We do not mantion their villages name,
because for save the villagers, those villages are as follows:
1. --------- (Chinese village) 145 houses, have to paid(30)Kg and
(60,000)kyat.
2. --------- (Chianese village)125 houses, Have to paid (25)kilo and
(40,000)Kyat.