sad news about a Thai colleague

We are sad to let you know that one of our Thai colleagues, Ms Teeranat
Kanjanauksorn, was killed in the Thai Airways crash in Surat Thani,
southern Thailand on Friday night.

Teeranat was an economics lecturer at Chulalongkorn University and an
activist supporting a number of social justice causes, mainly relating to
human rights and women's rights. She was a supporter of the Burma struggle.
She was also one of the Asean feminists who met with Daw Aung San Suu Kyi
in Rangoon earlier this year. She was flying to Surat Thani for a seminar
to educate women about their rights under the new Thai constitution for the
Women in Constitution Network.

We salute Adjan Teeranat for her contribution to society and the
international struggle. Her energy and intelligence will be missed.

Altsean-Burma Secretariat
A L T S E A N - B U R M A
Alternative Asean Network on Burma
Tel: 66 2 275 1811 * Fax: 66 2 693 4515