The BurmaNet News: December 16, 199

Subject: The BurmaNet News: December 16, 1998

------------------------ BurmaNet ------------------------
 "Appropriate Information Technologies, Practical Strategies"

The BurmaNet News: December 16, 1998
Issue #1159

HEADLINES:
==========
KNU: TENASSERIM SITUATION REPORT
REUTERS: CAMBODIA WORRIES REFLECT ASEAN UNEASE
BURMA FORUM: LA FREE BURMA LAW PASSES
UNOCAL: STATEMENT ON LA SELECTIVE PURCHASING
ANNC: SECESSION AS CONFLICT RESOLUTION PAPER AVAIL.

KNU: TENASSERIM SITUATION REPORT

UPDATE TENASSERIM SITUATION REPORT
KNU Mergui-Tavoy Information Department

Serial No-9/98

MILITARY

A.1. Child Soldiers

Interview with a 15-year-old SPDC soldier who has run away.

Interview date: 27 November 1998

Age:  15 yr.
Brother and sister: one elder sister (got married)
Ethnicity, Religion: Burman, Buddhist
Education status: 2 standard, left school when he was 7 years old.
Address: North Oakkalapa (Rangoon)
Occupation before join military: help keep his mother shop.