OSI Scholarships, Australia (r)

Dear Amanda,
OSI scholarship for Ausi is only for the burmese activists or all
Burmese citizen?  I am asking you because OSI (USA) gives scholarships
to all Burmese citizens including SLORC/SPDC's kids. Also OSI
application forms ask the applicant how he or she help and got involve
in the democratic movement in Burma.  But they give most of the
scholarship to the Burmese who have no back ground about the democratic
movement and it is ironic that why OSI ask the applicant's activities if
they decided to give all Burmese including people who came to the US
legally because they never involve in our democratic struggle.  Most
activists from the border area could not get scholarship from OSI.  OSI
is misleading George Soros funds.  It is a shame and I want how you
catagorize the applications.  Please let me know.

with best regards

Sai

>From owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx Tue Jan  5 21:45:24 1999
>Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 15:43:48 +1100
>From: Amanda Zappia <azappia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Sender: owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx
>Subject: OSI Scholarships, Australia
>To: azappia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Free Burma Coalition, Australia
>
>Application forms for 1999 OSI Scholarships are available through this
>office in Australia for Australian applicants only.  If you are an
active
>member of the pro-democracy movement and you intend returning to Burma
when
>it is safe to help rebuild the country please apply.
>
>Scolarships will be given to the most dedicated activists who are
studying
>tertiary causes of value to the reconstruction of Burma.
>
>Write, ring, fax or email and we will send the forms to you.  See
contact