Appeal letter to Japanese Prime Min

Subject: Appeal letter to Japanese Prime Minister on Burma issue

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BE47A6.77E397A0

Dear

Human rights defenders from South Africa Continent,

South African Human rights supporters,

Burmese Compatriots

Dated 24 January 1999

Dear Sir/Madam

Please allow us to take this opportunity to send you the following appealed
letter to Japanese PM from the Burmese pro-democracy activists, residing in
India. I realised, many people around the world sending letters to Japanese
Government. We do appreciate with all our hearts to the people of the world
who recognise the inherent value of human rights, regardless of nationality,
race or creed. I understood many Burmese compatriots who are outside our
country(Burma) sending the appeal letters to Japanese Government, too.

In this era, the civilised people are listen to the public opinions and
complaints from majority.(Sometime, although they are not admitted, but
listen.) We have experiences, the activists who were detained in immigration
camp for overstay in Japan released after complaints from public
(Non-authoritative persons outside as well as inside from Japan). Please do
not forget our resistance to " Torture Tourism: Tourism to Burma from South
Africa" which was cancelled by Johannesburg Botanic Garden Foundation,
Concorde travel and Diners Club International after they realised the
present situation in Burma. ( They received many letters, faxes and e-mails
from around the world including from South Africa human rights supporters.)

We would like to appeal to all of our friends who concerns on human rights
issue. Please send your comment, opinion or appeal letter to the Japanese
Prime Minister via your country Japanese Ambassador. The contact of The
Japanese Embassy of South Africa is, P O Box 11434, BROOKLYN, Pretoria 0011.
Fax (012) 433 922.

We, Free Burma Coalition of South Africa esteem your effort in the context
of human rights issue and continuous support. Please do not hesitate to
contact us, if you need information and updates on Burma issue.

In Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's epic words, "Injustice anywhere is a threat
to justice everywhere".

President Nelson Mandela told a new news conference "Suu Kyi's position has
been a matter of concern in almost every part of the world".

With warm regards

Dr. Thein Win ( Free Burma Coalition of South Africa )

P O Box 9955, EDENGLEN 1613

South Africa

Ph/Fax (011) 882 1421; Cell 0828225693

E-mail <burmamtk@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Letter to Japanese Prime Minister from Burmese pro-democracy activists from
India

Info