ABYMU Statement in English (r)

ABYMU Statement Regarding the Current  Conflict between Sanghas and SPDC,
Ruling Military Regime

1, Conflict has been taking place between Sanghas, community of Buddhist
monks, and military dictatorship in many places, Burma; the incidents that
face to face conflict with SPDC happened in these cities-Pegu, Magwe.
Mandalay . Shwe Bo and Shan States, worsened terribly.

2, The fact involved these conflicts are ;
	- Warrants have been issued by militarists to arrest 4 activist, Sanghas
who are escaping till now.
	- 2 men who jointed with Sanghas' movement have been arrested by ruling
militarists .
	- Ashin Ray Wata, 30, Mattaya town and Ashin Thee la Thi Di, 42 Mon Ywa
town have injured seriously, these two monks are being admitted in the
hospital as the serious patients.

3, The root cause of these conflicts is responsible to ruling military
junta because they, militarists, totally object Sanghss' peaceful demands
for religious rights- Sanghas'  community of Buddhist monks, demands are :-

	(A) To recognise educational System, religious literature in palis, in
state level;
	(B) To find and resolve legally abiut the problem pf Mahamuni, Great
Buddha 		       image in Mandalay, happened during the March, 1997,
	(c) To cease military -men who are taking place in the leading roles for
religious  	    	    affairs to whatch over Pagodas, temples, statues and
others religious concerned;
	(D)  To release the detaining monks who demand religious rights, etc.

(4) We ABYMU, have documents about the conflict between Sanghas and SPDC,
military dictators, how they how plan to divert religious clashes.
Buddhists and Muslims or  Christian worshippers, as a result, we, ABYMU,
alert to the people of Burma to be careful to avoid militarists' cunning
trick.

(5) We, ABYMU, will Support  strongly the Sanghas who are demanding justice
rights for religious rights till achievement to final goals.

Central Leading Committee
All Burma Young Monks' Union ( Liberated Area)

February 9, 1999.