ABSDF SUPPORTS DR. CHEE SOON JUAN F

Subject: ABSDF SUPPORTS DR. CHEE SOON JUAN FREE SPEECH

ABSDF Supports Your Right to Free Speech

Dr. Chee Soon Juan
Secretary General
Singapore Democratic Party
712 Jurong West, St 71, # 10-159
Singapore

Dear Mr Chee,

Warm greetings.

We write this open letter to offer our support for your efforts
to exercise your right to free speech.  In view of the guarantee
of freedom of speech in Singapore's Constitution, it is
unfortunate that the Singaporean Government has enacted laws
severely restricting this right. We join the many supporters of
democracy around the world who admire your resolve and
determination to focus attention on this situation.  We also
particularly respect the courage you have shown in openly
flaunting these laws in the exercise of your constitutional right
of free speech.

We recognize your support given to us in our struggle for
democracy and human rights in Burma. No matter how oppressed a
people might be, we believe that the fight for freedom and
democracy will prevail in the end.

We wish you well, and all the success in your endeavours.

In solidarity,

Central Committee
All Burma Students' Democratic Front