Letter to CNF

Dear Leaders of CNF,

I wholeheartedly praise your most courageous declaration of Unilateral
Cease-fire during the centennial jubilee of Christianity in Eastern
Chinland (Chin State in Burma), which indeed is one of the most
important events in our history.

We all know that this is not political event but religious event and
holy occasion, which every one should observe with humble heart and
pious mind. No one should politicize such noble event but praising God
for what he had done for the Chin people through the services of those
missionaries from America and the Karen missionaries from delta area,
and also through the tireless works of the Chin Christian workers. No
government should interfere such holy occasion with arms, let alone
killing the people, while people are kneeling in front of God and
praying for love and peace.

So, let us put our politics aside, clean our heart and mind, and pray to
God for peace. Let all humble souls shall rejoice together with those
who receive such a special blessing as the opportunity to participate in
this auspicious occasion of the centennial jubilee at Haka on 15th March
1999. We can imagine that they shall never forget a sweet memory of
jubilee in their lifetime. This is lifetime opportunity. So, let them
celebrate with greatest joy and peace, without fear and tear, without
sound of bomb and machinegun but with the sweetest sound of music that
praising the glory of God in Chinland.

Indeed, the celebration of centennial jubilee itself is the most pious
and noble deed: the greatest deed for the Chin Christians. I do hope and
pray that the military rulers will understand the deep meaning of the
centennial jubilee of Christianity in Chinland, so that they may put
their guns aside, as you do, during this holy occasion in Chinland.

Let us continue to pray for the best result. Let us pray not only for
the celebration of centennial jubilee in Haka, the capital of Chin
State, but also for the entire Chin people so that they may have a
peaceful life under the providence of God!

May God bless Chinland!

May god bless you all!

Sincerely yours, in Jesus,

Lian H. Sakhong