Statement of CNF on the 51st Annive

Subject: Statement of CNF on the 51st Anniversary of The Chin National Day

CHIN NATIONAL FRONT
General Headquaters
Chinland
February 20, 1999

Statement of the CNF on the 51st Anniversary of the Chin National Day

For the past 51 years, February 20 has uniquely marked the anniversay of
the Chin National Day, continuously strengthening the unity of the Chin
people. We send our best wishes and prayers to all the Chins in and out
of Chinland for the pleasant day of celebration. We feel honored and
encouraged by the initiative taken by Chins living in the Washington D.C
area to honor the Chin National Day in the spirit that represents the
political integrity of the Chin people.

The time has now come for the Chin people to build stronger unity to
fight against the forces that aim to tear apart our unity. In building
unity, willingness to sacrifice for the sake of the betterment of our
peopole and the spirit of brother/sisterhood are of the most essential
and fundamental element. Keeping in mind on the other hand our national
unity, we must strive to achieve the goal we have set before us.

We as the Chin people must also take great caution to what we have
become today, being a people deprived of political, economical and
social privileges. Especially we must be aware of how Christianity in
Chin State is systematically being annihilated and degraded by the
present military junta. Then we will come to the realization of who and
what are the real enemies of the Chin people. In striving towards our
goal, it is indispensable that every Chin must participate.

In conclusion, I would like to send my greetings and heartfelt thanks to
the Chin families in the Washington D.C area who have set a good example
in taking the trouble to honor the Chin National Day with the spirit of
unity and integrity of the Chin people. We sincerely hope that you will
keep this spirit always alive in you.

Thomas Thangno
Chairman
Chin National Front